Saturday 7 February 2015

Pretty little bows ....

Happy weekend folks!

And what a lovely weekend it is too ..... we've got blue skies and sunshine again.  It's still a bit chilly though!

We've had a lazy start today, I haven't done a thing!!! ...... nothing to do with the fact that it was late when we got in last night, and maybe we'd had just a little too much to drink ..........  OK, OK, who am I trying to kid ...... it has everything to do with that!  
I think it's safe to say Rich and Laura's beautiful new home was well and truly warmed!!

Anyway on to the subject of today's post ....... my entry into this week's Merry Monday Christmas card challenge.
This week the challenge was to use Bows ...... create a Christmas card with a bow on it


I think I've managed that ......


The idea for this was taken from a design I did whilst I was on the Craftwork Cards Design Team.
They're a fab company, producing gorgeous, top quality paper products one of which is their Paper Bows ......... die cut pads full of cute little bows ..... different designs to co-ordinate with all their latest paper ranges and different sizes too ..... so cute, and so easy to put together.  If you want to see my original design you can find it here on the Craftwork Cards Blog.

For this Merry Monday card I actually cut my bows using one of my favourite dies from Die-namics called Beautiful Bows.  You get the two sizes in the set, and they're so quick and easy to put together.

I cut two of each size from some Stampin Up Christmas papers and made up each bow.  You can see I've made the tails slightly shorter on one of each of the different sizes, to form the tree shape


I added a couple of circles, cut from co-ordinating glitter card, to the top .....


 a tub for my tree to sit in at the bottom ......


and some festive words to finish it all off ....... well, that's another Christmas done!

So, what are you all up to this weekend .... anything nice? I believe there's a Craft Show on in Manchester, over at Event City ..... if any of you are off to that, have a great time .... spend loads and get lots of new stash!!! I wish I was going (sigh!)
Me ....... I was hoping to spend some time in the old craft room playing with my new Brushos perhaps, or doing another of my journal pages maybe, or even making a Valentine's card seeing as that's only just around the corner ..... decisions, decisions!
First though it's time to go and collect the car ....... no way were we driving home last night!!!  Then I think we may just take a stroll down the prom ..... it's a shame to waste this nice weather.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

13 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very creative way to use bows! LOVE this! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Redanne said...

You certainly did manage it Linda, what a fabulous card and such a great way to use the bow! Wow! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Love your card!! I think I need that bow die!!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE THIS, Linda! Wow! What a great idea and how nice to have this adorable bow in different sizes! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific idea - love your bow tree!

anja curvers said...

This is simply gorgeous so clever and this will be a winner I am sure.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Linda, this is just too cute and just perfect for the challenge - so creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Linda, I love your creative tree. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love the bow tree! Very cute.

Wanda said...

Great creative tree with fabulous bows! This card really caught my eye over at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Pretty fun design Linda, love how you used the bows. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

maria f. said...

I have those bows! I can make that card! Thanks for the inspiration. I love your design.