Sunday 22 February 2015

Santa Claus is coming to town ......

No..... I haven't lost the plot ....... it's that time of the week when I get all festive on you

Happy Sunday folks!

Santa's not really coming to town, not yet anyway.  It's just he's the theme for the latest Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge .........


We have to design a card using the big man himself .......


I was inspired by a gorgeous tag I spotted on Pinterest using this stamp ......... unfortunately I didn't make a note of the designer ...... I'm so sorry!!  If, like me, you spend hours on Pinterest I'm sure you could do a search and find him .... he is rather gorgeous!

I stamped the Santa collage onto my square of white card using Black Versafine ink.  I then added the colour around him with Stormy Sky Distress ink.  I did my favourite thing of splattering water over the top and removing the excess with kitchen roll


I then stamped more snowflakes over the top, some using Black Versafine and some with Versamark ink and added white embossing powder.
You can see I also used my fine-liner pen to add a few dots here and there to continue the design of the stamp all the way to the edges of the card.

I added just a touch of colour to Santa's face using Distress Inks and finished off with touches of fine crystal glitter, and a Stardust Gel pen for his spectacles


A bit of matting and layering and a festive sentiment .......


and a nice CAS finish to the inside ...... that's another one for the festive box done!


You know what ...... I might even make some more of these ..... I quite like him!!

I was dancing around the craft room at the beginning of the week when I found out I was last weeks Merry Monday Weekly Winner ..... whoo hoo!!


Thank you so much ladies  ...... I really do appreciate it.
It also means that I'll be joining the challenge next week ..... tomorrow even ..... as Guest Designer, I can't wait!!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy your Sunday.
We're supposed to be making a start on sorting out the garage today, ready for when we move ...... oh joy!   I've got a better idea ...... let's not!  It's been on the 'To Do' list for weeks .... we just keep putting it off!!  I say let's it if off again ....... a little retail therapy sounds like a much better option to me!  Why not add to the mountain of stuff we've already got!!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous indeed, Linda!!
Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! i have some stamped out images of this fab Santa but not the stamp. Please could you let me know the make so I can hunt it down? Thank you so much xxx

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning! I love every detail Linda, one gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful Santa and a beautiful card, Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Sally said...

Beautiful design with the inked background and snowflakes, Linda! I just used this stamp myself for this week's entry to Merry Monday. Congrats on winning last week and I look forward to seeing your card tomorrow!

laurie said...

Congrats on your win! Your santa card is awesome,too!

Craftychris said...

Thank you so much for the information on the stamp! I will track it down! I am so grateful for you taking the time to come back to me! Take care xxx