Wednesday 23 September 2015

Summer is over ....... (sigh!)

Happy Wednesday,

And welcome to Autumn .......


Yes, summer is finally over ....... we had a lovely weekend though, busy but nice. 
The birthday party was a huge success ...... even the grown ups enjoyed themselves!!  The Isle of Man Food Festival was as good as ever ..... the Christmas pudding and yummy fruitcake have been bought (along with a load of other stuff!!) And ...... we got to spend time with family and friends ....... there was a barbecue, Sunday lunch out, and .... another birthday tea!  But, that's it for a while now.... things should calm down a little, to let me get ready for Christmas (ooops!  there goes the C word again!!)
Anyway .... there's definitely a chill in the air and the leaves are already starting to fall ...... Autumn is definitely here!

Time for a challenge I think ........  
It's Theme Week  over at Less is More and the theme is .........

TECHNOLOGY

Hmmm ...... this one got me thinking.  Technology ..... not exactly one of my favourite subjects.  The laptop I can manage, sort of ..... with help from my onsite Tech Support - hubby that is!!  Mind you he's not much use when it comes to my blog .... that I know about!  
My mobile phone I can use ... just about!  The camera still gets the better of me at times .... and .... the little man is better with the ipad than I am.  Even our TV needs a flippin' instruction manual!

Anyhow ..... I searched through my stamps looking for inspiration and found nothing!!  Then I remembered ...... I had the perfect words, just needed something, or someone, to go with them .....


I think Facebook counts as Technology don't you!

I still love these little guys ...... they always look sooo cute!! 


I've given this one a pretty bunch of flowers from the Crazy Things stamp set .... coloured using the Distress Markers .... 


That gorgeous purple colour is the brand new Wilted Violet colour of the month ...... arrived in the old craft room this morning .... can't wait to have a proper play with that one!


As always there's a little something on the inside too ....


Well that's it from me this evening ...... a nice G&T awaits .... well it is Wednesday!!! Hubby's already playing the country music and hits from the 70's and 80's .... it could be a long night!
But before I go I'd like to say a BIG Hello and welcome to my latest follower ..... it's lovely to have you aboard.  I hope you enjoy visits here.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your evening.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

16 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Linda, love this card, the sentiment is fabulous! Perfect with this cute little guy, Cathy x

Liz said...

Love these little Crazy Birds. Brilliant card, a great take on the LIM challenge and the sentiment is so true! xx

Loll said...

Great card for the LIM challenge! :) So fun and perfect with this crazy bird! :) I have this set ... and not inked it up yet. What the heck am I waiting for??!! xx Enjoy the G&T! xx

TaeEun said...

This little bird is so cute! Great sentiment for the LIM Challenge!

Angela Allen said...

Hi Linda
Great card. Love the flowers.
Love Angela.x

Kathyk said...

Great make and, YES, it IS!

Kathyk

Sandy said...

Yes definitely - your card is much better than a Facebook post. You make this sweetie look so innocent - I wonder if he really is!
Sandy xx

Julia Aston said...

What a perfect card for the challenge - love your little bird holding her bouquet!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A brilliant idea for the technology challenge Linda and love that sentiment and those birds obviously!!! So thrilled you managed to play along and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Linby said...

Great card for the theme and much nicer than a FB post!
Linbyx

Anne said...

Ha ha what a fab take on the challenge Linda! As always, love those crazy birds...
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"less is More"

Chrissie said...

Very clever! I love the sentiment behind this one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Perfect for our challenge and I love the bird with the flowers, Linda. A great sentiment too, I think things have started to get so impersonal these days, it's always better to receive a card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Mrs.B said...

Your crazy bird looks so sweet - and I agree with the sentiment.
Avril xx

srobinson@sti.net said...

Did you create this sentiment on the computer or find it somewhere? If you did it on the computer, what font? Wonderful card!

Linda said...

Hi ...... thank you for your lovely comment.
The sentiment is actually from an old IndigoBlu stamp set, here;s the link ..... http://www.indigoblu.com/rubber-stamps-c3/a5-rubber-stamps-c5/funny-bird-a5-red-rubber-stamp-by-kay-halliwell-sutton-p1217
Hope this helps xx