Friday 6 November 2015

Ready for another tag ......

Hello .... it's me again

You'll be fed up of me before today's out.  Everything's coming all at once ..... there's not enough week left!

I've got my Day 2 tag to share for Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas event .......


Everyone's having a great time .... why not join in the fun.  Make a mixed media Christmas tag, link it up to the event on Loll's Blog and you could be in with a chance of winning one of the fab prizes that are up for grabs.

Here's my tag #2


A little on the sparkly side maybe ...... well, it is a Christmas tag after all!

I cut my tag from a piece of white cardstock and added colour using Distress Inks (Festive Berries, Fired Brick and a touch of Aged Mahogany)  Nothing fancy, just applied the colours using brushes, starting on the edges and bringing the colour into the centre, gradually building up the depth of colour and adding shade.
I then flicked water over the top, let it sit for a few seconds and then mopped up the excess.
Using the Aged Mahogany Distress ink I then stamped the script over the background


Once everything was completely dry I used the Tim Holtz Poinsettia stencil, white texture paste and his brand new Vintage Platinum  Distress Glitter Dust ..... this is so fine and sooooo shiny!!!


How gorgeous is that!

I stamped and embossed  my greeting, in gold, onto a torn strip of vellum and attached across the centre (ish!) of the tag


and finished it all off with a nice festive red bow ..... 2 tags done .....  10 to go!!


Luckily, this also fits in with this week's Merry Monday Challenge (anyone would think I planned it!!)


It's all about Red and Gold  ....... very festive.  I just hope it's OK to enter a tag!

And while we're on the subject of Tags ..... I'll also link this to the current HLS Christmas Challenge .... that's all about TAGS too.


Oh well .... can't sit around blogging all day (sigh!) stuff to do!  
Not sure if the fireworks down on the beach will go ahead this evening .... it's still raining!!  The little man has just informed me though that he still wants his hot dogs for tea ..... fireworks or not.  That's me told!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time (it'll be sooner than you think)

Linda
xx

10 comments:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Gorgeous tag! Love glitter background and thin line sentiment! The first time I see new Dust Glitter in action, looks superb. I placed my order today at SSS and forgot about it, so pity :(

Loll said...

LOVE your tag Linda. The shades of red are beautiful ... and the tone-on-tone with the script looks amazing. But that stencil --- so beautiful. I was hoping to get that myself, but they didn't have it when I went shopping. I did get the pinecones and branches one. Tim Holtz has great stencils! Love the glittery goodness on those poinsettias. And the torn vellum sentiment banner is genious! Thanks so much for sharing at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event! xx

!neke said...

Your tag is WOWWWWW !

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is stunning Linda! Love the blended background and your sparkly poinsettia's...so lovely!! :0)

SewPaperPaint said...

The script and the glittery poinsettias just blow me away - WOWZA! I love this so much and will pin it. :) Well done!

Tricia from Spain said...

lovey and great tutorial as well :)

MaryH said...

Gorgeous colors..and loving the script background with these glittering poinsettias. Also liked the gold embossing on the vellum (one of my challenge areas!) This is most elegant, also very beautiful & festive. TFS for the HLS November Christmas Tag challenge. Hugs

conil said...

Absolutely stunning tag. All that shimmery texture with that gorgeous background. My jaw is on the floor.

Bonnie said...

Woo hoo! Look at that sparkle, Linda! You are a magician with a camera as well as tags! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

LesLee said...

Love this tag.. I especially like the shades of red. I also love the sentiment that is in the centerish of the tag.Thanks for joining us a Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge LesLee xx