Thursday 21 January 2016

Bloom .......

Happy Thursday folks ......

As always, this week is whooshing by!! We've another busy weekend coming up too .... another birthday celebration!!!

It's time to remind you of the new CAS Card Challenge over at STAMPlorations.  It's nice and straightforward, as the name suggests ...... with a little optional twist ......


You can find all the challenge details/rules over on the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge Blog and there's also a whole lot of fabulous inspiration on there from the rest of the DT.
We've already had some great entries but you've still got lots of time to join in the fun before the challenge closes.

So .... what is CAS for you?
I like lots of white space, with one main focal image.  I still like to add in a little bit of my grungy side too.  Now that can be Distress Inks for the background maybe, smooshed or otherwise ....... a little bit of ink of paint here and there for added interest ...... or just some simple paint splatters in the background like I've used on my inspiration piece for you today ......


How pretty is this stamp ..... it's from the Friends and Flowers set by the lovely Deepti.

I've simply stamped the image onto a piece of white cardstock and coloured it using Distress Inks ..... Dusty Concord for the unbrella, Picked Raspberry for the flowers and Mowed Lawn for the leaves



I stamped the flower part again and fussy cut around the open blooms and attached them over the top of the original image using foam pads to add a bit of dimension


The white spots I added using a white gel pen and the splatters are with Distress ink and I also edged around the panel using a SILVER leafing pen ..... there's my optional twist!!!



Then sentiment is from the Subway Art Builders set - Dare  .......


and I finished off the whole thing by adding a little something to the inside .....


Simply stamped this time, and coloured, and a few added ink splatters too.


Now it's your turn ...... lets see your CAS cards.  You've got until the end of the month to link up your entries, and you can enter up to 3 cards into the challenge, with or without the twist, using STAMPlorations products or not ...... although it would be nice if you did use them!
For all the challenge rules  and guidelines CLICK HERE

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

How delicate and very pretty. Loving the extra dimension on the flowers and what an extra treat you've done on the inside. Great to see CAS interpreted in this way x

Pink Unicorn said...

I love the way you added the extra layers of flowers to your beautifully coloured image!

Darnell said...

I think you are spot on with your CAS card and description, Linda! I love this sweet number with just the right touch of splatter! I see your week whooshed by, too - make it stop, lol!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful stamp, love the splatter!