Thursday 2 June 2016

Blue skies .......

Happy Thursday to you .....

And welcome to June!  I can't believe we're nearly half way through the year already ... but hey! I'm not complaining ..... summer is definitely here!
Things are hotting up nicely over here ..... we've had blue skies and sunshine for days now. I'm getting quite used to eating lunch up on the terrace .....


And the weather's just perfect for this years Isle of Man TT which is well underway.

(photo from Isle of Man TT FB page)

Practice week is nearly over, then it's on to the serious racing.
I haven't managed to see any of the racing yet ..... although we did wander down to the Grandstand last night and enjoyed a nice cold drink in the beer tent.  You could hear the bikes as they roared past .... hard not to, they get pretty loud when they're reaching speeds of nearly 200mph!!!! ...... lap times of 130+ mph.  That means they do the whole course (37 miles) in around 17 mins .... now that's fast!!

Anyway ..... enough of the TT!  As it's the first Thursday of the month, the new STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge gets underway.
As always the theme is Anything Goes, as long as it's CAS of course.  There's always an optional colour twist,  and this month it's ......... BLUE 




Inspired by our lovely weather ....... here's a nice quick and easy card for you ....... a simple stenciled background, a little bit of texture paste and a nice sentiment to finish it off


I used the ARTplorations Clouds stencil and a little Salty Ocean Distress ink to create my sky


A little bit of texture paste through the sunshine, which by the way is on the same stencil.
Once the paste was dry, I replaced the stencil over the top and sponged on some Mustard Seed Distress ink, with a little touch of Spiced Marmalade over the top


One of the sentiments from the STAMPlorations Fond Expressions 2 stamp set gives the perfect finishing touch ....


And I added the design on the inside too ......


No texture paste this time .... simply sponged the ink through the stencil


Check out the STAMPlorations CAS Blog for more inspiration from the rest of the Design team and all the challenge details.

We also have 2 fabulous Guest Designers with us this month ..... the very talented, and I'm proud to say one of my very good Blog friends ..... Loll Thompson (from Stamping with Loll).
You probably all know Loll .... she's one of the stars of Blogland .....  but if not, pop over and check out her Blog you won't be disappointed.  There's always something fabulous to see on there, she's such an inspiration (costs me a small fortune I might add ..... only joking Loll!)
And we also have the lovely Ann from Ann Chuang Crafts joining us this month.  Again another very talented lady and a fantastic blog to visit.
Have fun with this month's challenge ........ Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day
I'm off to enjoy a bit more of this sunshine.  I do hope it's nice where you are too.

Cheerio until next time

5 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this summery and fun card Linda. Hmmm ... talking about costing me every time I visit. I know need to HAVE (yes, not want but HAVE to HAVE) that cloud and sun stencil. :) So fun. Love the texture from the paste. This card just makes me feel happy! Thanks for the shout out, my dear friend! xx

shirley-bee said...

Lovely sunny card to reflect the lovely sunny weather we're having!

Mrs.B said...

A great sunny card Linda - it's the first sun I've seen all week!
Avril xx

Toni said...

gorgeous! Love the added texture!

Toni

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Perfect CAS card, Linda! Just one focal element, beautiful background and so clean layout! - Sweet Kobylkin