Saturday 12 November 2016

Tag time again ........ Day 5

Happy weekend to you  .......

Only 6 more to go before Christmas ...... Ho! Ho! Ho!

Before I go and get things sorted for today's workshop, I've just got time to share my Tag for DAY 5 of the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends event (I would have done it last night but I was out!)


Have you joined in the fun yet?  There's some amazing tags on there ...... today's inspiration from Loll and her Guest Designer are just stunning!!  There's also a Pinterest Board where you can see all the tags .... it looks fab!!

Here's my Tag number 5 .......


Kraft card again ..... white texture paste through the Tim Holtz Speckles stencil creates the snowy background, sprinkled with crystal glitter to give extra sparkle.


The sentiment is made up a Tim Holtz Thinlits Die cut (the merry part) and one of the greetings from the HLS Mixed Christmas sentiments (the Christmas bit!)


I punched the holly leaves from white glitter card and coloured them using a Copic marker .....


attached them to the tag with a bit of dimension, and finished off with a few dots of festive red glitter glue for the berries.

The Christmas Tag box is filling up nicely ...... and seeing as we did a bit more Christmas shopping yesterday I can even make a start on the wrapping!
Not today though ..... busy day ahead.  I've got my ladies coming round for a workshop so, I'd better grab a quick coffee and make a start on the tables.

Thanks for popping by ..... have a fabulous weekend.

Cheerio until next time

10 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Another great tag Linda
Avril xx

BożenA said...

Wow, Linda !! Such a beautiful tag! Great mix-media technique gives remarkable results. I love the snow blizzard on it :-)
BożenA xx

Loll said...

LOVE this CAS mixed media design Linda. The embossing paste looks awesome on the kraft tag base ... and sparkles with the embossing powder. More sparkle from your glitter holly leaves and glitter glue berries. So pretty!! xx

Susan said...

Wonderful snowy background! The holly looks perfect with it, and I love the way you did the sentiment.

Nstiz said...

This is such a beautiful, wintery tag! Love the glitter on the embossing paste, something I forget to do! Your design is fabulous!

MaryH said...

Hi Linda, lovely to hear from you again and I'm enjoying this wonderfully detailed tag. Love the texture of the falling snow against the kraft background. The tiny holly leaves look so very dimensional and the pop of the die cut sentiment were just perfect embellishments for the subtle colors of the kraft & snow. Love the CAS look of this pretty tag. Also like the combination of the die cut with the stamping too. TFS & have a great upcoming week

Doris said...

Love the title of your blog! Your tag is beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I love the "snow" and glittered holly on the kraft tag, Linda!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Snow fun looking at all your tags -- this is great with the "snow" :)

lynda said...

Found your tag on Pinterest. I have to tell you that I love how you made the snow. I can't wait to try it myself.