Saturday 7 January 2017

More from my journal .......

Happy weekend .......

What a nice, quiet relaxing day we've had here.  The weather's still a bit grey and damp so we decided to chill at home.   A lazy morning with my new Stampin Up! catalogue .......  more things to add to the wish list! I did pop into town briefly this afternoon ..... I had a few bits to pick up and I also managed to grab a couple of bargains in the sale ..... not like me at all!!  And we've had the little man today,  so lots to keep me busy there ........ I'm getting quite the dab hand with Meccano!!
I even managed to sneak a little time in the old craft room too ..... so all in all, a very productive day.

If you read yesterday's post you'll have seen that I've made a start in one of my Dylusions Art Journals ..... I've finally plucked up the courage to get some ink and paint in the small one and I'm loving it!
In the past I've always done things on loose pieces of card or paper .... I didn't want to 'spoil' my journals but ..... enough is enough.  It's time to get over it .......  and just do it!!
 
It's all thanks to the lovely Jennie Boxall who has started up Creative Journaling 365 on Facebook. A group dedicated to journaling 365 days of the year ..... not sure I'll manage that but hey, I'm giving it a go!
There's no rules to follow, you can do as much or as little as you like and you can share your pages in the group.  There's already lots of fabulous artwork on there ...... great ideas from everyone, and if you get really stuck then Jennie does give a prompt each day when she shares her artwork, but you don't have to use it ..... you can just do your own thing.

Here's pages 2, 3 and 4 .... still haven't finished number 5 yet!

Page 2 ....... stencils


This is the ARTplorations Happy Flowers stencil from STAMPlorations.
The background was already coloured .......... see yesterdays post for products used  - I did both pages in one go!  The only difference is I didn't use the texture paste in the background, I used it through the main stencil instead.
White texture paste ..... then once it was dry, I put the stencil back in place and used Distress Inks to add colour


The words are form a JOFY set stamps, simply stamped onto white card and then cut and arranged over the page


I finished off with some black gesso splatters  across the page and added a few lines in the corner using some white paint applied with the edge of an old credit card


Page 3 ........ my current favourite ...... using scraps of paper


How cute are these guys ..... JOFY's lovebirds
I've used old book pages for the birds, coloured with Distress Inks ......


and scraps of designer papers found in my bit box for the bird house .....


and the leaves ....


The branch (another JOFY stamp) was stamped and embossed, and then coloured using Distress Ink


and the words are one of my favourite phrases from a set of Dylusions stamps.


You can see I've cut the individual lines and arranged them over the whole page.


Page 4 ....... large and small


Still keeping on the subject of wings I went for butterflies this time ..... lots of them, in different sizes.

Before I started stamping I stuck in a couple of bits of torn bookpage and painted over them, not too much as I still wanted to see some of the text in the background.
When this as dry I started the stamping.  First up I stamped the largest butterfly and embossed it using Ranger's Liquid Platinum EP .... love this! Then using simple masking to create a bit of depth, I stamped the rest of the butterflies across the page


I added in a touch of stenciling to the background ......


And finished off with some words ..... you never know I may just hand the words at some point, but for now my stamps are doing the work (my hand writing isn't that good to be honest!!)


That's 4 pages done .... and 5 is nearly finished.  Not sure it'll get done over the weekend though.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of the weekend.
I think a nice glass of red is on the cards for this evening .... it'll go well with the chilli con carne .... cheers!

Cheerio until next time

3 comments:

Loll said...

More amazing pages. So inspiring my friend! I always learn so much from you ... and come away with a large list of products I need to buy! :) xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous pages and I also checked out the previous post, so pretty,
Looking forward to seeing more, journaling is something I've did start, but didn't manage to keep going.
Avril xx

nancy littrell said...

I love your pages and so glad you shared all your steps. What a fun project Linda. So inspiring. TFS Hugs...