Wednesday 8 February 2017

I haven't forgotten my journal .......

Happy Wednesday ......

How's your week going? The sun has been shining but it's a bit on the chilly side over here.  Didn't stop a little trip out though.  I went AWOL today ...... took a break from the packing and had a lovely afternoon catching up over coffee down in the south of the island.  Managed to pick up a few bits for the new house too ..... ooops! more stuff to pack!

There's not a lot going on in the old craft room this week.  I'm just finishing off the last of this months DT projects. Oh ....... and playing around with a few pages in my journal.
Yes, I'm still playing along with Creative Journaling 365 ........ still trying to catch up though.  I'm way behind on the doing something everyday bit!

I have got a couple of finished pages to share ........ these have been on going for a few days, doing a little bit here and there.
Pages 17 & 18 ...... I've been trying out the gorgeous Luscious Pigment Powders from IndigoBlu.
I've had some of these a while just never got around to playing with them, but after watching Kay on the telly I had to give them a go .......


The journal pages had already been painted with acrylic paint and a bit of dry brushing with some white gesso.  I'd stamped and heat embossed the Prima butterfly too, and that was as far as I'd got.


So .... out came a few leaf stamps and I added some foliage around the edges ...... love this vine from Dylusions


And Carabelle Studio ......


Then came the fun part ...... adding colour using the Pigment Powders.  WOW! these are so nice to use, the colours are gorgeous, the coverage is great, and the shine from the mica is just stunning. I used the green on the leaves with a touch of teal ......


I added a few more butterflies to the background ....... stamped and embossed and then added some colour using the Luscious again .......



There's a little bit of stencilling on there too ..... along with some more stamping here and there


And I finished off by adding some gilding flakes here and there for added shine.

Pages 19 & 20 are not quite so busy ........


This was my take on the prompt .... leave some white space.  There's plenty of space although it's not very white!

IndigoBlu again ..... this time the Giant Poppy stamp ..... love this large bloom!
I simply stamped it off the edge of the pages and heat embossed with a detail white embossing powder ......

I then used a red Brusho to add the colour ...... I wet the petals first using a paintbrush and water, carefully sprinkled on the Brusho pigment and then spritzed more water to spread the colour, trying to keep it just on the flower.  I did this a few times, mopping up the excess as I went along until I got the colour I wanted.
Some of the Brusho did go over the rest of the page and when I added some white paint on the top it gave this gorgeous pinky shade


I added a bit more detail by applying some white crackle paste through my favourite brick wall stencil and finished off with some words from Inkylicious


Things are getting a little bit crazy around here now getting ready for the move ...... the boxes are piling up as we speak. There's lists everywhere, and I'm cleaning for England!!
It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years.  But, we're being ruthless (again!) ...... if it hasn't been worn in the last 12 months .... it's going!  If I haven't used it in the last 12 months ..... it's going (that doesn't include anything in the old craft room by the way!)  And all the kids stuff that we're still 'looking after' well that's going as well!  They can look after their own bits and bobs, they've both got their own places now.  This new house is just for hubby and I ..... we hope!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your evening.

Cheerio until next time ........

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Getting rid of the kid's stuff made me smile, it took me 25 years to do that and then I filled the space with other things.... just saying... Love your journal pages, I just some Luscious too, not too sure about the shine though, but will have a go. The poppy stamp is now on my wish list! Anne xx