Thursday 6 April 2017

I'm thinking pastels ........

Happy Thursday .......

And welcome to April's CAS Card challenge over on the STAMPlorations blog.  As always the theme is Anything Goes ...... anything CAS that is, with the regular optional colour twist.
This month it's all about PASTEL colours ..... you know those pretty, delicate spring shades, but .... you don't have to use the colour twist to enter ..... the choice is yours.


I couldn't decide on just one pastel colour so I used a few ......


Using the new Pocket Blooms stamp set along with the co-ordinating CUTplorations pocket die ..... yes they come together as a set, how cool is that! (only while stocks last though so get it fast!)

I simply die cut the pocket from white card and then coloured it using Distress Inks (had to be Faded Jeans!) I love how the die adds the look of stitching around the pocket


I then stamped the flower heads with a grey ink and coloured them using my little Versamagic Chalk inks. They're such pretty pastel shades and give a really finish once they're dry.


I fussy cut around the flowers and attached them to the back of the die cut pocket before adding them to the card front using foam pads to give a little dimension.

Using the same colours of ink I stamped a tiny Happy Birthday sentiment (from A Snarky Birthday To You set) across two thin strips of card and attached them under the pocket


I love this idea of using those smaller, not always used, sentiments or words that you find on stamp sets, they look so cute!  It's not my idea by the way, it was something that I've seen the lovely Jennifer McGuire use on her cards .... so clever!

I finished off by stamping one of the sentiments from the Pocket Blooms set again using the grey ink ...... I think it goes really well with the pastel shades, looks better than black.


And I also added the blooms to the inside .....


You can find all the challenge rules and guidelines HERE on the STAMPlorations Blog along with more gorgeous inspiration pieces from the rest of the Design Team ...... happy stamping!

Don't forget it you're purchasing any STAMPlorations products .... stamps, die, or stencils then use the following code to get 20% off your order ......

use code ....... STAMPGIRLLINDA

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

I'm actually out this afternoon at the Isle of Man Beer & Cider Festival.  One of the perks of having a son in the trade.  We've been invited to the preview afternoon and be amongst the first to taste this years beers.
Over the next three days there's going to be over 150 Real Ales, Ciders, Perries and Fruit Wines ...... cheers folks!


Then this evening, we've got a birthday dinner to go to, at my favourite restaurant down on the quay ...... Samphire.  I'm having a great day .... hope you are too.

Cheerio until next time

4 comments:

Greta said...

Great design with the 2 rows of multi-colored text!

Redanne said...

Sounds like you are having a great day today. Your card is beautiful, love how the flowers peek out of the top of the pocket. xx

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda, the new pocket die looks fab with the flowers poking out.
Enjoy your day/night.
Avril xx

Ina G said...

Love that stamp/die set and you have made it into an amazing card. Love the birthday sentiment down the bottom - clever you. Super card Linda.