Tuesday 18 April 2017

Sweet Poppy Stencils have moved .......

Happy Tuesday to you ......

I hope you all had a nice Easter.  We had a fab time with family and friends ..... very relaxing.  And I didn't eat my bodyweight in chocolate for once! Made up for it with the Hot Cross buns though. Never mind ..... the diet starts now (again!)

If you're a fan of Sweet Poppy Stencils ..... and let's face it who isn't! ....... you may have heard that our lovely Lucy and the team have moved ...... TV channels that is.  Sweet Poppy are now going to be on HOCHANDA  ..... yeah!!! (Sky 663 ....... Freeview 85 ....... Freesat 817)  Their first show is on Friday this week ...... April 21st 1pm and I think it's 6pm I will check that though.

There's brand new stencil designs and there'll be demonstrations full of fabulous tips and techniques from Lucy.
The Design Team have been busy too ..... here's a couple of my samples using one of the new designs.

I know I shouldn't really have favourites but, I do love this design ..... the pretty Delphiniums


It's a nice sized stencil with great detail ....... use it as is with your inks, paints or texture pastes onto your favourite backgrounds to create quick and easy cards ......


I've used the faux woodgrain technique here ........ pva glue onto cardstock and left to dry.  Scored lines on the back of the card (side without glue) then Distress Ink (Weathered Wood) applied directly over the glue covered side ...... love this effect


I then used the stencil along with the Glossy Black embossing paste  directly over the top ..... look at all that pretty detail .... gorgeous!


A few dots of glitter glue to the centres of the flowers adds a touch of sparkle and I finished off the front with a simple stamped strip of card across the bottom.


I added just one of the blooms to the inside of the card ..... again using the black paste and a touch of glitter glue


OK ...... same stencil, but a completely different look ...... I love how this turned out


Again really simple to do ....... using a couple of different shades of blue Distress ink and the Glossy White paste this time

I used the new Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink to colour the background.   I'm loving these new inks .... they're so different to the regular Distress but you can still do all the fab techniques with them.
I simply smooshed the ink directly onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and then swiped a piece of white cardstock through the ink.  I repeated this until the whole piece of card was covered then I dried it off with a heat tool.  Love the effect


Using regular Distress ink this time I applied Chipped Sapphire through the Delphiniums stencil, applying more ink in places to give a little shading, and repeated the design across the whole of the card.

I then die cut the word 'happy' from the card, and again from a piece of plain white cardstock and a piece of black, giving me three layers all together


I inlaid the plain white one back into the stenciled card making sure to put all the little pieces from the coloured card, that would normally end up in the bin, back into place ....... the centres of the letters and the piece from the gap in between the a and the p.  Even the tiny bit in between the two p's had to go back in.  I know this seems a little fiddly but, it needs to be done to complete the finished scene ..... you don't want any gaps! Hope that makes sense!

The black 'happy' and the one from the stenciled card were then layered together, and put to one side whilst I added more delphiniums using the paste ......


You can see I covered the white paste with fine crystal glitter .... this looks so pretty and gives a nice delicate look to the flowers


The 'happy' was then put in place .... you can see I slightly off set the two layers to give the look of a shadow and I finished off by stamping the second part of the sentiment just underneath


Again I used the stencil on the inside .......


Don't forget to tune in on Friday to see Lucy work her magic.  I will confirm the times with you later in the week when I'll be back with a few more designs for you using more gorgeous Sweet Poppy stencils.

Oh well .... as much as I'd love to stay and chat the 'To Do' list is calling.  Lot's to get done this week ..... and there's only 4 days!!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

3 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous cards made from this beautiful stencil Linda. You've shown how versatile with the two totally different designs. xx

Redanne said...

Both cards are beautiful Linda, I love the black as it is so striking but then I also love the blues, more traditional but the white on top looks so pretty too! Anne xx

Mrs.B said...

Lovely samples Linda, looks a fabulous stencil.
Avril xx