Thursday 8 June 2017

Sweet Poppy Stencils ......

Happy Thursday .......

It's almost the weekend .... and, this time next week, hubby and I will be across in the UK, at the BBC Good Food Show at the Birmingham NEC .... not that I'm counting the days!!!
It's nearly time for our annual, post TT, family getaway ....... I mentioned a while ago that this year we're all going on a boat on the Norfolk Broads.  Well hubby and I decided to go across a few days early and catch the Good Food Show.  We haven't been for a while so we're really looking forward to it.  We can stock up on goodies for the boat trip too!!

There's still lots to get through though before we go ....... Blog Challenges, a workshop at the weekend and we've still got the TT Senior Race Day to come tomorrow.
And there's the Poker Stars Summer Party this evening ....... thank goodness there's no early start in the morning, we've got a Bank Holiday!!


Remember last week ..... Lucy, from Sweet Poppy Stencils, was back on our TV screens, with more fabulous designs and great demonstrations.
I gave you a sneaky peek of a few of my samples for the show ......


Well here they are in full if you fancy a closer look ...... grab a cuppa, there's a few photos!

First up ...... the gorgeous Poppies, such a beautiful stencil.


I've used it here on a faux woodgrain background from my stash ....,,,,


Stenciled the design twice, using the Glossy White stencil medium from Sweet Poppy and then sprinkled with a couple of colours from the range of Sweet Poppy Fine Glitters over the top whilst the paste was still wet .....


Same stencil, this time using Distress Oxide inks .......


Again using the stencil twice to fill in the piece of card .....


I love the soft chalky finish to these inks, and they work so well with the stencils


A simple sentiment is all you need to finish off.



Poppies again ....... different look.


Black paste on white card with a splash of colour ...... simple

Next up, that gorgeous Humming Bird Duo ........ love this!


For this design I used Brushos and Gel Medium
I sprinkled various colours of Brusho through the stencil and then went over the top with the Gel Medium .... like you would with the stencil paste.  The Gel Medium reacts with the Brusho and the colours spread just like they would with water


Whilst the gel was still wet I sprinkled over some Crystalina glitter, juso onto the wings and tails of the birds


Once everything was dry I added some colour to the background using Distress Inks and stamped a little bit of foliage across the bottom, using one of the gorgeous Lavinia stamps


A simple greeting finishes it off nicely ...... partly stamped and partly die cut .....  inlaid with a white version to add a bit of contrast


Here are the birds again ... just the small one this time.


Using the same technique as above, with the Brushos and the gel, and then fussy cut before attaching them onto my card.


The background has been stencilled using another gorgeous Sweet Poppy design ..... one of my favourites in fact ....... Black Orchid 


Don't always use the whole design of the stencil, sometimes it's just nice to add a little piece of it to create backgrounds, or like the humming birds .... mask off one or the other and just use a single bird .....


A simple smooshed Distress Oxide background, the large humming bird stenciled with the white stencil paste and then sprinkled with fine glitters ..... simple


The detail is amazing on these designs ....... and just look at the sparkle from the glitter


All that's needed to finish it off is a sentiment .... stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder ......


The last one is using the Tall Trees  .........



Like I said .... don't always use the whole of the stencil.  Here I've just used some of the leaves and branches to decorate a frame around my sentiment


I took a piece of cardstock from my stash ..... cut it into a frame and used the white stencil paste to add the design


More of those gorgeous Sweet Poppy glitters were sprinkled onto the wet paste ..... there's such an amazing range of colours to choose from.
A simple sentiment, stamped and heat embossed in gold, onto a piece of card from my bit box (previously coloured using Brushos) creates the centre piece.


Phew!!! ....... I think that's the lot.

Thanks for stopping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I've still a list of things to get done, and a party to get ready for ..... hmmm .... what shall I wear?

A quick TT update ...... it's another wet and miserable start this morning, there is racing scheduled for later so let's hope the weather brightens up a little ..... I can't see it happening though!
We had a good day yesterday though, the sun shone and racing got underway as scheduled ...... 3 races plus qualifying sessions for the bikes and sidecars.
Unfortunately we didn't get to see any of it, hubby was working.   I spent the day in my craft room though so I could hear the bikes roaring around the track.
Hutchy won again .... this time in the Superstock.  That's TT win number 16 for the Bingley Bullet 


photo from the IOM TT Official website
Unfortunately there was also a sad side to yesterday ..... there were two incidents during the day where two riders lost their lives ..... that's now three from this years meeting.  My deepest sympathy goes out to all their loved ones, families and friends.  These men are the bravest people I know ..... it scares me going round the track in a car .... all I can say is they've got b***s!

Cheerio until next time .......

3 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow...you've been busy. Great stencils and thank you for all the different ideas to use them. The glitters are so pretty and love the random effect with t he brushos and gel/paste. Thank you so much for all the amazing inspiration. Sorry to hear about the incredibly sad news with the racing x

Dortesjs said...

waue they are gorgeous. LOVE LOVE - do have a great trip across the UK this weekend

Redanne said...

What a lovely post Linda, full of beautiful samples - each one is gorgeous!!! I love them all.

It is very sad to hear about the deaths, so sad for the families involved... Have a great holiday! Anne xx