Friday 13 October 2017

Oh no .........it's Friday the 13th!

Happy end of the week ....... 

Are you superstitious?  Do you dread Friday 13th? ......  or is it just another day for you?  I'll let you know what I think when it's all over ....... I will be crossing my fingers, avoiding ladders and cracks in the pavement and of course I'll be on the look out for black cats!!!! ...... only joking.

It's time to remind you about this month's Craft Stamper Challenge .... have you entered yet?


The theme is Anything Goes ........ so the choice is yours, as long as there's rubber stamping on your project somewhere.
You can enter up to THREE projects for the challenge, just remember each one MUST have it's own Blog post, and that Blog post MUST only have ONE project on there.
NO Backlinking either please ........  only enter new, original work.
And remember ....... put a link to the Craft Stamper Blog in your post and, when you enter your project link back to your actual Blog post NOT just your Blog.

OK .... all the boring stuff's out of the way, here's a little bit of inspiration for you.  I've gone all festive again I'm afraid .... well there's only a little over 10 weeks to go before Christmas Eve .... eeeek!!!
(I must confess I did actually look at Christmas cards in that well known, highstreet card shop yesterday .... might just have to buy some this year .... oh no!!) 


I've been playing with one of my recent purchases ...... the new Christmas release from JOFY (JOFY 55 through to 58) ....... I love them all!
This pretty wreath stamp is from JOFY 55 ..... imagine how many different looks you can give this!

I simply stamped mine onto a piece of black cardstock and heat embossed the image in gold


I then used pearlescent paints to colour the baubles along with glitter glue and a little Glossy Accents here and there


I stamped and heat embossed just the bow again, twice, onto a piece of red cardstock and fussy cut one complete image and then just the top of the bow from the second.  I layered them using foam pads before attaching it over the original stamped image


A simple festive greeting on the bottom .......


And a touch of matting and layering ....... the gold layer is actually a piece of white cardstock with double sided tape around the edge covered with gilding flakes ..... no need to waste a full piece of gold cardstock!


The final touch was the Wink of Stella treatment on the bow ...... not sure its come across that well in the pictures, it's so sparkly in real life.  I did take another photo though ..... using the flash,  You can see it sparkling now!!


As always we have a challenge sponsor.  This month it's the fantastic IndigoBlu


And the prize for the challenge winner is an amazing THREE stamp sets .....


But .... you've got to be in it to win it .... so get creating!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.  I hope Friday 13th is a lucky day for you.
I'm off out later, meeting a friend for coffee ...... himmm I wonder if the gingerbread lattes are back yet!!

Cheerio until next time ......  and have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Darnell said...

WOW, what a cool effect you have created with this stunning wreath, Linda! I thought they were opaque circle of real glass! Brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell

Redanne said...

And it is a WOW from me too, I love your beautiful card, the dark background really brings out the beauty of that gorgeous bow and those beautiful baubles!

I pretend not to be superstitious but I guess I am really.... Anne xx

Annie said...

Hi Linda ...Your card is stunning and I love the wonderful details on the dark background...wonderful xx

TFS and best wishes from Annie xxx Your newest follower x

maria f. said...

What a gorgeous look with that shimmer paint on the black. And that touch of embossing. Beautiful. Makes me want to run and pull out some dark cardstock...

Bonnie said...

This wreath is gorgeous, Linda! I can't imagine that you could buy anything lovelier than you make!