Tuesday 21 November 2017

It's TAGplorations time .......

Happy Tuesday .......

I hope you're enjoying your week. It's another busy one in the craft room, although I'm not actually working up there .... I've taken over the kitchen, to complete a rather large project for Santa.  Yes, it's that time of year when I'm one of Santa's little helpers ....... more about that later!

How about a little more inspiration for this month's TAGplorations Challenge over on the STAMPlorations Blog.



The theme for November is All About Gratitude ....... with the optional twist of polka dots.


There's a few of my favourite techniques on this little tag ..... inlaid die cutting, hidden words, ink splattering and, rubber stamping of course.

I stamped the pretty STAMPlorations Blossom Spray #2 onto a white tag, cut using the largest die from the CUTplorations Manila Tag Nesting dies


I then used the CUTplorations word die ... Thanks and die cut the word down the length of the tag.  In places I've only used part of the die, cutting over the edge to get a more random look
When I reached the bottom I made sure to cut the word 'thanks' in full ...... the die fits across the largest of the manila tags perfectly!


I die cut more of the word from plain white cardstock, layered them with the ones cut from the tag on top, and then inlaid them back into the tag, giving the look of embossing.
You can see I also cut the word from a piece of  dotty card which I found in my stash and layered this on top of the complete word at the bottom to add even more dimension.



A little cut off strip of the dotty card adds a bit more colour, and I finished off with some coloured ink splatters

.
There's still time to play along with the challenge. Just remember that your project must feature a TAG on it somewhere.
There's prizes up for grabs ..... a $10 gift certificate for the winner, and $5 gift certificates for the top 2 picks.

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
I think I'd better go and scrub my hands and put on some clean clothes.  We're going out for something to eat this evening and I'm currently covered in red and green paint and I'm sparkling just a little bit!!!

Cheerio until next time .......

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this is so clever....love the hidden message. Enjoy your evening out, paint and all x

Mrs.B said...

Love the idea of your hidden inlaid die cut message, adds a lovely touch.
Have a great night out.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Great tag and I just love the techniques you used - especially the inlaid message. Hope you are having a sparkling evening! Anne xx

Kris said...

LOVE this tag!! The color combination is perfect, and I so appreciate your sharing the inlaid sentiment technique!