Monday 6 November 2017

Why use one tag when you can use four ......

Happy Monday .....

Brrrr ..... it was a bit chilly here this morning.  Glad we finally switched the heating on last night ...... still can't believe we lasted this long without it!   Could be something to do with me having my own personal summers .... you know what I mean!!!

I hope you all had a good weekend ..... ours was fab! Lots for great food, nice wine, the best company ever and lots of laughs.  I won't go into details but ...... I'm now known as Lola!!!  Don't ask!

It's the start of a new week and it's a short one for me ..... I'm off across to the UK on Thursday (whoo hoo!!)  More about that later though ..... I've still got lots to do before I close the craft room door.

First up this week is ....... November's Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge


As you can see, this month's theme is ..... Tag!
Now you know me I love making tags ..... and I seem to have done quite a few recently, so when I saw this month's theme I decided why stop at one .... why not use lots of tags ...... so here we are with four of them ..... on one card!


The tags all started out the same size ..... approx. 4.5 x 10.5 cm and they were cut from red cardstock, black, kraft card, and a manila tag.
Let's start at the top ..... with the red one


Simply stamped using a grey ink and Black Versafine and a couple of the layers from an Altenew stamp set.

Next up was the Kraft tag ....... covered with patterned paper and then stamped over the top with a gorgeous flourish stamp, heat embossed in white ......


One of my favourite IndigoBlu stamps next .... the gorgeous Jane


Stamped onto the manila tag using Black Versafine ink with a tiny bit of colour added using Zig Markers for the eyes, and Distress Ink for the cheeks and lips.
I then masked off the face before I stamped the script in the background

Last but not least .... the black tag


Stamped with the gorgeous flourish again and heat embossed in gold.

I took some red, black and white inks and splattered a piece of Kraft card

 
The edges were brushed with Aged Mahogany Distress ink, and the sentiment stamped and heat embossed in gold across the bottom


Each of the tags was cut to a different size before attaching them to the card and a little piece of lace knotted on one of the tags adds the finishing touch.

Now it's your turn ....... don't forget, there is a prize for the challenge winner ......  a $20 Gift Certificate to spend in the HLS Store
Happy stamping!!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
I've been busy in the craft room trying to get through the To Do list. As I said earlier we're off to the UK on Thursday.  Hubby and I are having a few days away ... he's off to spend time with his buddies whilst I'm off the Happy Little Stampers Craft Retreat ..... can't wait. 
I am keeping my eye on the weather though ...... we're on the boat!!!  Last week, the sea was like a mill pond everyday.  It's been a little bit on the choppy side today but ......... that can all change by Thursday ......... it could get worse!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth crossing.

Cheerio until next time ......

6 comments:

Redanne said...

What a fabulous card Lola, I mean Linda - lol! I love the design of it, so very clever, it really is a beauty! Hope you have a good week. Anne xx

Mac Mable said...

Yep...I have my own personal Summers too x What a great weekend you had, Good food and wine and great company. You look like you had fun making this card too with four tags...such a creative idea and so unique...I love it x

nancy littrell said...

Amazing atsy 4 tag card, Linda. It must have been so much fun to create. TFS your tags and the final card. Hope you are not seasick to start your retreat. Hugs

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tags, love the red/black on especially its so striking :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Mrs.B said...

I love how you've incorporated the tags, it's a fabulous design.
Avril xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Awesome card...love how you have made each tag and then put them together