Thursday 22 March 2018

A new Blog Challenge for CAS Christmas cards

Happy Thursday folks ......

It's almost the weekend ..... yeah!

March saw the launch of a new Blog Challenge, especially for Christmas Cards.  And, as the brains behind it are two of my lovely blog buddies ...... the talented Loll Thompson and Bonnie Klass, what else could it be for but ......... CAS Christmas Cards,  one of my favourite styles.


The challenge started on the 3rd of the month and runs through to the 24th ...... so I'm a little late joining the party but ..... I made it!


As you can see the theme is Holly ....... surprisingly I don't have a lot of Holly stamps in my collection, not ones I wanted to use anyway!!  In the end I decided on this little guy ..... he's got holly


He's a little Penny Black hedgie from one of their T for Transparent sets and he's been stamped in the centre of a square card and coloured using ZIG markers


A little sentiment underneath (from Happy Little Stampers) stamped in gold ink.


A few dots of white Enamel Accents here and there to give the effect of falling snow .... very CAS


and I've used the holly sprig on the inside too, as a little decorative accent for the sentiment


A bit of masking tape over hedgie before inking up the stamp ...... easy!


Well that's another Christmas card for the box ..... I think that gives me four now!  I think I'll need a few more than that come December.

Thanks for popping by ... enjoy the rest of your day.
In our quest to watch all of the Marvel Super Hero movies ..... from the first one, and in the right order, we watched The Hulk last night ..... glad that one's out of the way that's all I'm saying!! 
It's Iron Man 2 next I believe .... at least there's Robert Downey Jr to look at on that one!

Cheerio until next time ....

12 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A lovely CAS card, the hedgie is so sweet and that's a great sentiment to use with him.
Avril xx

!neke said...

Great CAS card !!!!!
Ineke X

!neke said...

Great challenge, great card !!!!

Christine Alexander said...

So sweet Linda and so perfectly CAS. I am always a sucker for these little hegies. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas with this cutie

Loll said...

Awwww ... that hedgie is adorable, Linda!! Love him carrying the holly sprig and what looks like a Christmas scarf. Love this CAS design with the gold embossed sentiment and frantage sprinkled over top. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Kath said...

A fabulous card - love the PB hedgie.
Kath x

Lindsey said...

One very cute hedgehog Linda! X

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This little hedgehog is so cute !!
[margessw@icloud.com]

Susan said...

CAS perfection! Love that little hedgehog with his holly and Christmas scarf! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you got by to share in our new CAS Christmas challenge, Linda! Your little hedgie is so adorable and I love his sweet sprig of holly! Love the inside too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an adorable hedgie & holly card, Linda! The image is colored so pretty and the spacious white background works as a spotlight on the little guy! Masking the hedgie and adding snowfalls/white Enamel Accents - all great details. Thank you for sharing your sweet card as CAS Christmas! Hideko

Darnell said...

So stinkin' cute, Linda! I missed this and just saw your well-deserved HM from CAS Christmas! The dots are amazing - at first I thought they were a debossed e/f. They add just the right touch!! Hugs, Darnell