Saturday 16 June 2018

We're back in the Cotswolds .......

Happy weekend!

I hope you've had a good week.
It was a little bit of a busy one for me .... talk about multi-tasking!! Everything got done though, and the craft room door is now closed ....... in fact all the doors are closed because it’s time to relax. We're on holiday!!

This is home for the next seven days .....


The gorgeous Welcome Cottage, in the picturesque town of Bourton-on-the -Water. 

  

Yep, the family is back in the Cotswolds .......


It was a bit of a long journey here ....... ferry crossing was good, it was just the traffic and road works on the motorways that took the time.   We made it though!

Before I get into full holiday mood I thought I’d better share last weekend’s workshop with you.  It was a day of mixed emotions ....... we all had a great time as usual but it was a little bit sad as it was the last one for a while.
Things have been so full on lately I feel it’s time for a break. That’s the reason I’ve been stepping down from some of my DT commitments. I need some time for me!

We went out in style though, with a little bit of mixed media, using rice papers to decorate an oversized MDF tag ....... 
I did have a little bit of help with this one, as I'd never used rice papers before.  I must say I'm hooked!


Rice papers ...... love this face


A couple of my favourite stencils and texture paste, coloured with metallic paints and waxes



Lots of embellishments layered to add detail, texture and dimension  .....


Some words ......


And then finished off with a few Art Stones here and there .....


Here's the back of the tag ......


The papers are so lovely, you can use full sheets but, it's nice to tear just pieces of them .... they go further then too! 


It was a lovely workshop and we’re all now hooked on rice papers. If you’ve never used them before, give them a go, I will warn you though .... they are addictive!

Once I’d finished my tag, I was looking for other things to decorate using up all the bits ...... it’s worse than cutting into designer papers, you don’t want to waste any. With rice papers even the tiniest piece that you tear off has to be saved and used for another project 

I came across some small hearts in my MDF box and thought they would make cute little handbag charms ..... what do you think?


Pretty MDF hearts simply covered with small pieces of rice paper and embellished with jewellery bits


There was a few sad faces as it was the last workshop but as I said to them all, just because I’m not doing workshops it doesn’t mean that we all can’t get together for a crafty day.

No craft this week though ..... I haven’t even brought a journal with me, no pens or paints, and definitely no stamps ..... nothing! I do have my laptop though, so I’ll be able to keep up with everybody, check blogs and comment etc. but this week is all about family time ..... happy days!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
Think we may just pop over to Cheltenham later .... the Food & Drink Festival is on this weekend and it would be a shame to miss it!

Cheerio until next time ......

5 comments:

!neke said...

Great projects !!!!
Wishing you a fine holiday !!!!

Mac Mable said...

Have a great time with the family and make memories. Wonderful large sized tag, absolutely stunning and loving the little handbag charms too. I've not used rice paper before so I will go on the search. Enjoy the food festival too x

Mrs.B said...

The tag from the workshop looks stunning. I've used tissue but not rice paper and that looks a fabulous print, will have to check them out.
Enjoy the holiday and relax.
Avril xx

Darnell said...

Wow, Linda, these are incredible! What a great last workshop! I need to find more on rice paper. Have a wonderful relaxing holiday! You'll come home refreshed and you'll stay that way with lots of glorious time for making your amazing art on your own terms!! Enjoy and keep in touch! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Well, you ended your craft workshops with a bang, Linda! This is a GORGEOUS tag. It's so etheral, feminine, elegant. You are so amazing with mixed media. And I learn about all different products, which keeps my wish list growing. :)

Enjoy your family and "ME" time ... you deserve it. The Bourton-on-the-water house looks amazing. Have fun! xx