Wednesday 18 July 2018

Time for a tipple anyone ......

Happy Wednesday .......

Only joking ...... it's a little bit early for me.  Although as the saying goes ....... it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

I am however playing along with this month's Twofer Card Challenge  hosted by the lovely Darnell.  As you can see the theme for July is ....... Beverage


The idea is to create TWO cards, for TWO different occasions using the same stamp and/or die ...... a Twofer!

I've gone with the same stamp.  I've used the Stampin Up! set called Half Full,  and I've created a birthday card, and a Christmas card.  Both designs would be great for guys too ...... which is always good!


Both are very CAS designs, in fact the birthday one would be one layer, except for the added die cut ......


I simply stamped the wine glasses in the centre of my card and coloured using ZIG markers and a waterbrush .... easy!


The sentiment (from the same SU set) was stamped directly underneath, and I also added a nice shiny die cut ..... layered to raise it up a little


The glasses were given a coat of Glossy Accents and I added a few tiny dots of glitter glue above one of the glasses to give the look of bubbles


I put the birthday bit on the inside ......


Card number two ...... same stamp, but now a little bit festive ......


I love this Christmas saying ...... perfect for all those wine loving friends


Again I stamped the glasses and coloured with ZIGs, and added a coat of Glossy Accents


The little holly leaves come in the same stamp set ..... and I used a foam pad to attach them to add a bit of dimension


I finished off the front with a sprinkling of Chunky White Embossing Powder ........


And put the red wine on the inside ......


And that's my Twofer ....... what's your favourite beverage?

We've got fresh salmon on the menu tonight ...yum! So it's probably going to be a nice glass of white with dinner this evening .... Cheers!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....

5 comments:

Darnell said...

I love the way your mind works, Linda! Your very CAS designs are filled with a party spirit and lots of fun! Love the glossy accents, the bubbles, and the awesome sediments! Especially on that Christmas card! As always, your inside designs are fantastic, too!! (Love the profound words of wisdom you left us with, lol! I also like, "It's wine o'clock somewhere!") Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

Redanne said...

This is such a brilliant idea for using that glasses half full stamp Linda, very clever indeed! I love both! Hugs, Anne xx

Kara Lynne said...

Darn! I missed "Wine Wednesday"! Well, it's now Friday and almost 5:00, so now worries! Two wonderful cards, Linda! I love the Glossy Accents and the little bubble details! That Christmas sentiment is a hoot, and so fun with the red wine on the inside. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Bonnie said...

I'll drink to that! Both of them! What fun cards for those wine loving friends, Linda!

Anita in France said...

Two delicious CAS cards, Linda ... impeccably put together! The glossy accents and tiny shimmery bubbles above the champagne on the first are such great details ... and I laughed out loud at the Christmas sentiment, those glasses are perfectly embellished with that single holly sprig! Love how you've taken the designs to the inside ... particularly where the white white ran out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)