Saturday 18 August 2018

Introducing ....... Big Bold Hello and Framed Florals

Happy weekend folks .......

What have you all got planned this weekend ..... anything nice?
It's going to be a quiet one here I think, what with hubby away.  I believe he was at a rugby match last night (Friday) and today he's off to see an Australian football game I think.
Nothing quiet so energetic for me ..... something much more fun.  A day in the craft with a friend and lots of new stash!!!  Possibly cake too!

Before all that though, I have the final two stamp sets to show you, from Uniko's brand new August Release.  Today we've got BIG BOLD Hello ...... and Framed Florals

BIG BOLD Hello speaks for itself really .......
I love the little extras that come in the set too ...... so cute!


Here's a really simple design ..... I've gone with bright citrus colours but you could use rainbow colours, favourite football team colours, different shades of just one colour, the possibilities are endless.

I did use my MISTI to stamp each word, making sure I got a nice even ink coverage ..... I used the Versafine Clair inks which are fab, great coverage


I added in a few of the little extras here and there .... with a dot of glitter glue to the centre of the flowers


And finished off with a sentiment,stamped and heat embossed in gold, on a snippet of black card


Last, but definitely not least ....... Framed Florals ...... so many possibilities.



Using a black ink, and my MISTI, I simply stamped the image onto a piece of coloured cardstock from my bits box.  I think it's actually a mop up piece, you know me, I don't like to waste ink so whenever there's any left on my craft mat I use pieces of card to mop it up, and then use them on future projects.


I heat embossed the image using clear embossing powder ...... if you look closely though it's clear embossing with tiny specks of white?!!!!  Who picked up the wrong pot?  Oh well ..... it sort of adds to the design!

I added a touch more colour to the flowers using my ZIG markers


And a few dots of glitter glue here and there for a touch of sparkle.


Add a nice simple sentiment and you're done


Well .... that's it.  Over the past few days you've seen lots of ideas using the new release ..... what do you think?  Have you got a favourite?  Have you got a shopping list?  Well, there's not long to wait now, they'll all be available on the Uniko website tomorrow ..... yeah!
Why not check out what the rest of the DT have been creating using these gorgeous new designs, you'll find links to all their blogs HERE

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I'll be back tomorrow for the traditional Full Reveal, Release, Blog Hop & GIVEAWAY!!!! .... ooooh! yes I said Giveaway!

Cheerio until then ......

7 comments:

Julie B said...

Wow you did a great job with the citrus coloured stamping Linda and great use of your leftovers too. :)

cm said...

Your citrus hellos...oh my! Beautiful, crisp, fresh! Your 'mop up' background with the floral frames, incredibly pretty! Yet another reminder to keep those 'scrap' pieces because, as you've clearly shown, they can be transformed into lovely pieces of art!
hugs~carol

Beverley said...

Beautiful cards. Your 'hello' card is so cheerful and I love how you have used the accent stamps. And what a great idea to create 'mop up' scraps using left over inks. The colours on this piece are stunning and highlight the framed florals beautifully.
Wonderful showcase, thank you. Hugs Bev x

Redanne said...

Hello, hello to you too, what a great stamp, I just love how you used it too - bright, bold and beautiful! The second stamp is beautiful too.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend for you! Hugs, Anne xx

Jane said...

How wonderfully bright and colourful are your citrus tones. And that mop up background is just stunning and really allows the stamp to show off its beauty to perfection.

Izzy Scrap said...

Love the bright colours of your Hello card, it is so joyful ! Also love your second card and what a clever idea to use a coloured cardstock from your bits box. I should think of if more often ! It is beautifully highlighted with the added colouring ! Wonderful cards !

Lindsey said...

Great fresh and vibrant Hello card, right up my street! And your wonderful 'mop up' BG works perfectly with the crisp black Framed Florals x