Friday 3 August 2018

It's time for this month's Craft Stamper challenge .......

Happy Friday ......

It's the first Friday of the month and you all know what that means ...... yes, the latest copy of the Craft Stamper magazine hits the shelves today so ........ it's also time to get this month's Craft Stamper challenge underway.



As always the theme is Anything Goes ...... cards, tags, journal pages,  the list is endless.  Just remember ....... include some actual rubber stamping on your project and you're good to go.
You can enter up to three different projects into the challenge, but each one must have its own blog post. And speaking of blog posts, please keep to just the one project per post ..... thanks

We've got 2 fabulous prizes for you again this month ....... there's the regular Design Winner, chosen by the DT and they get their winning project published in the magazine along with a Winner's Profile and a GD spot. 
And there's also our monthly, randomly chosen, Challenge Winner.  What a treat we have for them this month ...... they will receive the brand new Alcohol Lift-Ink Pad and Re-inker!!!

If you haven't already tried this brand new product, you have to give it go ..... it amazing!!!



Like I said,  you NEED to try this.  It's a whole new way of using your Alcohol Inks and you'll love it!  I do ..... the effects are fantastic.
Use it like you would any ink pad onto your stamps, stamp your image and lift off the alcohol ink leaving your image behind, a bit like the ghosting effect.  Without cleaning your stamp, stamp the image again straight onto normal cardstock and voila!....... such a pretty effect, and no wasting the alcohol ink.  How clever is that!!

See what I mean ........ I've used the Alcohol Lift-ink for my inspiration piece  ....... see what you think


I applied various colours of Alcohol Ink onto a piece of YUPO paper (mainly shades of blues on this one) and used a blending tool to spread the ink around and cover the card.  I spritzed a little bit of blending solution on there too, just to help move the ink around.


Once I was happy with the background I left it to dry.

I inked up my stamp (You Are Forever Beautiful from Unity Stamps) using the Alcohol Lift-Ink and then stamped the pretty floral image across two of the corners of my coloured panel .....


Without cleaning the ink off the stamp, I stamped again, this time onto a piece of regular white cardstock ....... how pretty does this look


Use a clean paper towel to remove any ink residue from the coloured panel ...... lightly dab away first, using a clean piece of towel each time you dab, then once all the ink has been carefully removed, buff over the image to make it really pop!


Remember .... each time you lift the alcohol ink, have a piece of cardstock ready to stamp your image again ...... don't waste all that gorgeous ink


I added a simple, layered die cut to the centre of both cards ...... and a touch of rubber stamping


and finished off with some sparkly sequins and a few dots of glitter glue


It's two for one really ..... both the same, but different if you know what I mean!


Check out the Craft Stamper Blog today for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy your Friday, and have a lovely weekend.
We've got a BBQ planned tomorrow so I'm off now to marinade a lamb shoulder!  Let's hope the sun's back by then too!

Cheerio until next time ......

5 comments:

nancy littrell said...

TFS your gorgeous cards, Linda and showing how the Alcohol Ink Lifter product works. I definitely need to add to my wishlist. Hugs and again Thanks.

Redanne said...

Wow Linda, two fabulous cards! I have the equipment but have been hesitant about trying it, but seeing these beauties may just have spurred me on. Thank you! Hugs, Anne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card and result. I only purchased these today to try out which is effective but I like how you used the blending solution to spread the alcohol ink, hence I guess making it a tad 'thinner' I have been checking the web in regards to using frantage on yupo with alcohol ink, if you know maybe you could be kind enough to let me know...I have asked Loll...as well.
Following you now so I don't miss out on anything...xx
[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Linda said...

Thank you for your lovely comment .... you're going to love the Alcohol Lift-Ink. With regards to using Frantage, I have used embossing powders on top of Alcohol inks before on glossy cardstock and its been fine. I think if you try heating YUPO it may curl or even melt xx

Mrs.B said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, they look fabulous in the blue tones.
I'm waiting for the postie to pop mine through the letterbox, can't wait after seeing these.
Avril xx