Friday 14 September 2018

CAS Mix Up Challenge ........

Happy Friday .......

Yes it's the end of the week again ...... not quite sure where it went but, I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Today I'm playing along with this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge ......


Clean And Simple (CAS) ..... one of my favourite styles, and Mixed Media .... what's not to like!

Each month there are 3 components in the Mix Up.  This month it's ....... Inking Stamps using Markers, I chose to go with my ZIG Clean Colour Brush Pens.  Stamping ....... I used the gorgeous Glorious Bouquet from Tim Holtz.   This stamp is so pretty, and it's BIG too.  Plus, you get to choose the third one which can be a product or a technique ..... I went with Heat Embossing but, I suppose it could have been using sequins.


I inked up the Glorious Bouquet using various shades in autumnal colours of my ZIG Markers ...... it's getting that time of year I think


This stamp does come with it's own special acrylic block (I did say it was large!) but, I used the MISTI to stamp this. 
Using the MISTI, or any other stamping platform, makes this technique of inking and stamping really easy. You can build up your coloured image slowly using just one marker at a time ...... ie do all the leaves first, then stamp again using one colour for the flowers, then again with another one, you get the idea, or, you can do like I did and colour the whole of the stamp with different markers and stamp the image in one. You need to be quick doing it this way, don't let the ink dry.  If you're not sure you can always spritz lightly with water before stamping to reactivate the ink.

I added my sentiment ..... part stamped directly onto the card, and heat embossed with my new favourite Rose Gold Embossing powder .......


and part stamped and embossed onto a strip of black cardstock, and attached above.

I finished it all off by adding a few co-ordinating sequins.


Once I'd stamped the image for the front of my card it looked as though there was still colour left on the stamp so, I spritzed with a little water and tried stamping it again .......


Not quite as clear an image as the first stamping but, it makes a nice piece for the inside


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a fabulous weekend.

We've got a quiet night in tonight.  Well we were out last night, wine-ing and dining with some of hubby's work clients.  And it's the Isle of Man Food and Drink Festival this weekend ....... whoo hoo!  I'm so excited. 
I look forward to this event every year, and this year it's going to be bigger and better I think ..... it's their 10th Anniversary


We'll be there tomorrow, to taste and buy some of the delicious produce this little island has to offer ...... more good food and wine!  And ...... our favourite Gin makers are there too.
Yes the Fynoderee Distillery are taking over the Festival bar for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon.  I'll definitely be popping in for a quick Fyn and Tonic!  They're doing an exclusive launch of their brand new seasonal edition of Manx Dry Gin ..... Autumn


Manx Apple, Crab Apple, Rowanberry, Rosehip and Wild Plum ...... doesn't it sound deeee-licious!  Can't wait to try it ...... I'm sure there will be at least one bottle coming home with us!

Enjoy your weekend whatever you're up to.

Cheerio until next time .....

9 comments:

Redanne said...

Linda, I don't think I have ever seen that stamp used more beautifully, your card is just gorgeous!! Hope you have a wonderful time at the food and drink festival... Hugs, Anne xx

Julia Aston said...

I have this stamp too! and it certainly IS glorious!! Wonderful mix of marker colors on your image - love the boldness of the black sentiment strip and the shine added with the sequins! That festival sounds so wonderful! thanks for playing with us at CAS Mix Up Linda! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a glorious card. Great how you used the technique and the large stamp is perfect for it. Wonderful colours too. Love the addition of the stamping on the inside and the rose gold embossing powder looks so pretty. Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix UP Challenge with this beauty.
Enjoy the food and drink festival....I know you will! x.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Zig marker stamped flower bouquet, Linda. I love all the layers you built up and your final CAS card design. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Loll said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the colours you've used on this gorgeous stamp, Linda. It's so pretty and the softer version would be amazing on the inside ... it's like getting two cards in one! Great finish with the rose gold embossed black banner and sentiment. I have rose gold, but haven't used it yet! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

This card is some kind of beautiful, Linda! Love that big, beautiful bouquet with it's wonderful mix of colors! The embossed sentiment done in two parts is fantastic and using the second stamping of the bouquet on the inside is a fantastic idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Sounds like fun!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this card is absolutely STUNNING Linda and definitely frame worthy IMHO!! What a beautiful stamp (I think I need to go shopping!!) and just beautifully colored with all those lovely autumnal colors!! And I love the softer version you got with the 2nd stamping for the inside of your card too! That rose gold embossing is so elegant looking and just perfect for finishing off your lovely, lovely card! Well done my friend...well done!! :0)

Robyn Oliver said...

Absolutely gorgeous Linda, wonderful inking with lovely colours

Sue - said...

That is simply gorgeous! Enjoy the food festival!