Thursday 20 September 2018

CAS Watercolour challenge .....

Happy Thursday ......

It's been a busy week so far in the craft room ..... I've had birthday cards to make, presents to wrap along with all the regular stuff! It's been fun.

I'm playing along with this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge today.  The prompt for September is ...... Tree


Here's what I came up with ......


I found this piece of watercolour card in my bits box and I thought it would make a nice watercolour background for my tree ....... I think the colours are perfect for this time of year

It's been coloured using PaperArtsy Infusions ....... the Sunset Beach colour.  If you're not familiar with Infusions they're a little bit like Brushos in that they're pigment powders that you can sprinkle onto cardstock, spritz with water and just let them do their thing. But ..... they also have Walnut Stain crystals in them, which take a little longer to dissolve in the water, so you can get this lovely vintage look to the colour


I stamped the tree (SU Hopeful Thoughts) and heat embossed with my current favourite Rose Gold embossing powder from WOW!


And added the sentiment alongside ......


You can see how some of the walnut stain crystals haven't dissolved fully, giving this speckled look to the background ..... I love it!
In fact, I loved it so much I made some more ......


You might just see a few more designs shortly using these.

I mentioned I'd had birthday cards to make .... well, it's that time of year again when this little man gets a another year older .....


He's eight tomorrow ....... can you believe it!  We're all off out to his favourite Italian restaurant to celebrate tomorrow, then he's having a LaserBlast party with his pals at the weekend.
He's all excited today though because he's getting a new bedroom.  He stayed over with us last night because I was there yesterday helping to clear out his old bed,  clean the carpets, move the furniture round, put new curtains up.  His new bed is being delivered as we speak, so all his other presents are stuff for his new room ...... it's going to look so cool.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day. 
Me ..... I'm cleaning the hot tub (yeah!)  The wind blew the top open while I was out yesterday and now it's full of leaves (oops!)  Thank goodness it wasn't full of water ..... luckily, we had emptied it the day before ready for the big clean, so it's not that bad.
Time for a coffee first though. 

Cheerio until next time ......

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely card for our challenge! Love the soft wash... Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Watercolour challenge!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Linda and the background colour looks lovely with the rose gold embossing.
Ha a scroll back and I love the colouring on GB, beautiful card.
Avril xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful CAS Watercolour Challenge card, Linda. I love your Infusion background (TFS all the backgrounds)and heat embossed tree with the perfect sentiment. TFS the difference between Infusions and Brushos too. Sounds like a very special birthday for your grandson. TFS your card, my friend. Hugs..

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Linda!! I had never heard of the Infusion Powders before, but I will definitely be checking them out as I LOVE your background!! Really like the contrast between the cream and white colored cardstocks too. And of course that rose gold embossed tree and sentiment are absolutely perfect on this card! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Bonnie said...

We did use the same tree stamp, but your beautiful watercolor background and heat embossed tree inspires me to use this stamp again! Beautiful color for the background and I think I need some of this rose gold embossing powder! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Linda. LOVE that beautiful pink with brown watercoloured background. Thinking I now have to buy Infusions!! You are such a good enabler!! I did just get some Rose Gold embossing powder, but haven't used it yet. It's so perfect with the infusions background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx