Monday 8 October 2018

A quick catch up .......

Happy Monday ........

How was your weekend? ...... good I hope.
Looking at the calendar this morning, there's not a lot going on this week ........ for a change.  Wish I could say the same for the one in the craft room though!

We had a lovely weekend ..... a great night out on Saturday.  Delicious food,  the best company ever, and just the odd glass of wine ..... or two (ooops!). 

Lauren and I had a lovely afternoon too doing our Succulent Terrarium workshop ..... it was so much fun. And it's always nice to have mum and daughter time.

Now, you know me I'm not good with plants at all ....... my fingers are definitely NOT green, unless they're covered in green paint!!!  But, I'm told that these little babies don't need that much looking after ......... hmmmm, we'll see. 
They've survived the weekend at least ......


I was very proud of my 'creative gardening'  .......


The succulents are so pretty .....


You never know if I can take care of these, I might just make some more .....


This pretty teardrop one is going to hang in the craft room I think, once it's all settled in.


Whilst I was out on Saturday afternoon I picked up the latest edition of Making Cards magazine, not one of my usual craft mags but ..... seeing as I'm in it this month it would have been rude not to!


There was a little happy dance too when I saw that I'd made the cover ...... I'm chuffed to bits!


The lovely Sue Hobbs and I did an article featuring a couple of the new Christmas designs from Sweet Poppy Stencils


If you haven't decided on your festive makes yet pick up a copy of the magazine, it's full of great ideas.

Speaking of Christmas .........


My first purchase of this year's decorations  ....... that's the table sorted!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely week.
It's more Sweet Poppy stencils for me today, getting ready for the TV shows coming up on the 18th ..... more about all that later.

Cheerio until next time .....

5 comments:

Mrs.B said...

The Terrariums look fabulous and yes, Mum and Daughter time is very precious.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

The succulents look beautiful Linda, the only thing I know about them is that they don't like too much water! Congrats on being in the magazine and for being a 'Cover Girl' too. Love the deer!! Hugs, Anne xx

nancy littrell said...

Just do not over water and you should be ok..they like sun or at least partial sun too. They turned out beautifully, Linda. TFS Hugs

Loll said...

Great job with the terrariums Linda!! That's what I need ... something that looks after itself mostly. I do no have a green thumb inside the house. Outside I'm fine, because Mother Nature helps things along. :) The teardrop one is so beautiful. Always fun to spend time with one of your kids. :)

Congrats on being published in the magazine ... and to make the front cover!! AWESOME!

Great shopping ... love your reindeer candle holders. So pretty! xx

Squdge said...

Hi. I've just found your blog and it's brilliant. You are a very talented lady! Congratulations on the magazine. I'll have to pick it up and have a look. Thanks. Squdge x