Sunday 28 October 2018

Introducing ....... Winter Botanicals Sweet Broom and Quilted stencil

Happy Sunday ........

Did those that needed to, remember to put the clocks back an hour last night? 
Yes here in the UK we're back on Greenwich Mean Time.  We all got an extra hour in bed this morning ...... hmmmm,  doesn't feel like it ....... and I'm not looking forward to it going dark earlier either.

Anyhow ....... Bev and the Design Team are introducing more fabulous designs from the brand new Uniko release coming VERY soon.  How's the shopping list coming along?

Today we have another lovely new stamp set ........ Winter Botanicals - Sweet Broom
A pretty layering set ......

And, the last of the new stencil designs ....... Quilted
I can see this being used for quite a few occasions.  Great for backgrounds, perfect for new baby cards don't you think


I've used it here with some vellum on a Christmas design (I'm on a mission to fill my festive box!)


I've dry embossed the design first by running the stencil through my big shot with the piece of vellum, and then I added in some white detail using a fine embossing tool on the back ......


This is about as close as I get to parchment craft!!

I then stamped some foliage (from Uniko's Winter Foliage)  onto a piece of coloured cardstock, using the same shade of ink. You can see it just shows through the vellum panel giving it a really soft look.
The vellum was attached to a die cut frame and placed over the top.

The sentiment was heat embossed on the bottom using WOW's Platinum EP ....


and I stamped, heat embossed and fussy cut more elements from the Winter Foliage set to embellish the frame


I also added tiny dots of glitter glue onto the vellum panel, to add just a touch of winter sparkle.


Here's another festive idea using the Sweet Broom stamp set (I said I was filling up my festive box!)


I started by stamping my sentiment first using a gold ink (from Uniko's All Occasion Sentiments #4) 


Next, I used the outline stamps of the leaves and heat embossed these in gold.  


I then used my MISTI to add the layer of detail to the leaves, and stamped this using a platinum metallic ink.  It has a nice green tint to it and looks pretty against the gold.


The berries were simply coloured using a ZIG marker and a bit of water and I finished off with a few splatters of gold ink and a sprinkling of  Chunky White Embossing Powder.

That's it from me for today ...... there's one more day of introductions to go then the big release day is Tuesday, so you haven't long to wait.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Time for another coffee I think

Cheerio until next time ......

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooh lovely Linda! Fun idea with the embossed vellum (very inspiring) and I love your take on the broom with the red Xmas berries. The splattered gold and white finishes your design perfectly xx

cm said...

Embossing vellum - adding to my must try list after seeing your lovely results! Your festive transformation of the sweet broom: soooo pretty! A duo of WOW!
hugs~carol

Carole said...

Stunning cards...love that aqua...so calming, and the foliage card is so classy too.

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Linda and I like the embossed vellum, looks lovely in the frame. I really must make a start on my Christmas cards.
Avril xx

nancy littrell said...

Such soft and pretty Christmas cards with your new products, Linda. TFS Hugs..

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Great layouts! Love all the beautiful details!!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh! Yummy, classy elegance yet again. Totally inspired by your creations! Just need to find some more time to play now! x

Becca Yahrling said...

These are both so very elegant! I love that stencil.

Izzy Scrap said...

Wow ! These two cards are stunning. Both very elegant and so inspiring ! Love the embossed Vellum on the first card and the mix of gold and platinum on the second one. Fabulous! x