Friday 5 October 2018

My first AT Coins for the Craft Stamper Challenge ........

Happy Friday folks ......

Not quite sure what happened to the rest of the week but heyho! ........ it's the weekend!!!
It's the first Friday of the month so that means it's time to get the latest Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge underway.


The theme as always is Anything Goes.  Just make sure that there's some actual rubber stamping somewhere on your project.

I'm quite excited (it doesn't take much!) because I've made my first ATC's .... coins that is.


I love making Artist Trading Cards ..... those little miniature masterpieces, but it seems the craze at the moment is to create Artist Trading Coins.  Cute little 2.5 inch discs, decorated with anything you like.

I've had these MDF discs for a while, just never got around to playing with them.
So, after my recent craft room tidy up ....... mind you, if you looked in there this morning, TIDY is the last word you would use to describe it.  Well .... it's been a busy week!  There's been Design Team stuff to do, Birthday cards to make, little man had a homework project to finish off, and I have a Christmas workshop to prepare.  There's that much glitter and shiny stuff on the floor it looks like backstage at Strictly Come Dancing ..... talk about sparkle!!!

Anyway ..... we were talking Artist Trading Coins.  I could get addicted to these ..... they are so much fun to do.

As I said mine are MDF but you can use cardstock instead, the size needs to be 2.5 inches in diameter that's all.
I gave mine a quick coat of white gesso then painted them using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints.  I think it was Smurf (blue) and Granny Smith (green) ..... don't you just love the names!


I then stamped onto each one using just one of the images from the JOFY13 set of stamps, and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.


I used more Fresco Finish Paints to add colour to the daisies ......


Splattered the backgrounds with a little bit of Snowflake White paint ...... and added a few dots of Clear Nuvo Drops


The words are from the same stamp set ..... stamped onto white card and then fussy cut before gluing them on each of the coins


I decided to make the AT Coins into a pretty wall hanging by attaching some simple twill ribbon to the back.

If you fancy more inspiration for this month's challenge check out the Craft Stamper Blog and see what the rest of the Design Team have created.

As always there's a prize for the Challenge Winner ....... and this month it's an absolute cracker!!


Yes, that's right ......... it's the Sizzix Scoreboard XL Die - Wrapped Journal by Eileen Hull.  Told you!!
Fancy getting your hands on that?  All you have to do to be in with a chance is to play along with the challenge.  You could even be our next Design Winner and have your project published in the magazine.

Speaking of the magazine .... the latest issue is on the shelves today, and you'll find a little something from me in there this month ........ mwahhahaha!!!


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
It's the Happy Stampers Festival at Port Sunlight tomorrow, and unfortunately I'm not going to this one ... sigh!  
It's a bit of a risk on the ferry in October, it can get a little bumpy.  And I must admit the forecast for weekend is not great so maybe it's just as well I'm not going!
If you are though, have a great time ..... spend lots and say Hi! to everyone for me.  I'll be there in May next year.
I have got a busy day tomorrow though.  I'm out with Lauren in the afternoon.  We're off to do a bit of creative gardening,  in a Succulent Terrarium Workshop which should be fun.  We'll be creating two terrariums each ..... is that the right word? filled with pretty succulents and ornaments and stuff.   I'll share the results with you ..... if I can keep them alive long enough! 
Then in the evening hubby and I are off out for dinner with friends.  This is one of the dates that we had booked BEFORE we decided to go Sober for October so for the only night this week there will be a little glass of wine or two I think. 

Cheerio until next time .....

4 comments:

nancy littrell said...

You have been a busy creative girl, as always:-) Love your ATC's Linda. I am going to try my 1st coins today. I am on holiday so only working on card fronts and backgrounds to finish into cards when we get home. A nice relaxing trailer camping trip with plenty of hiking:-) TFS your beautiful coins and love your idea to turn them into a wall hanging. Have a fun day, Hugs..Nancy

Mrs.B said...

A lovely way to display these ATC coins, looks so pretty.
Have a great weekend, sounds busy.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Those coins are so cool, Linda! What fun to work on this little discs ... you've packed a lot on to each one. Love the idea of having the three hanging from a ribbon. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! It's Thanksgiving here with a family dinner tomorrow! xx

Redanne said...

The JOFY stamps really do suit the coins Linda, they are all beautiful and I love that you made them into a hanging, it really is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx