Saturday 1 December 2018

On the first day of December .......

Happy weekend folks .....

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month! 
Welcome to December .... let the countdown (chaos!) begin!


We're definitely getting into the Christmas spirit here at Walmsley Towers ...... we started early with a night out last night!! The food was amazing by the way, service was excellent (of course) and the friends around the table are just the best!! Yes ... the festive season has definitely begun. 
 
It smells like Christmas ..... my festive candles are burning .....


It sounds like Christmas ..... Mr Buble of course


The usual decorations are beginning to appear .....


And the Christmas tree is almost done ...... I say almost because, I've run out of baubles!!!!  So far it's taken me six and half hours to get it to this stage .....


When I say I've run out of baubles, that's not exactly true.  I still have boxes and boxes of the things but I haven't got any more that are the right colour ...... arghhhh!!
It's a new tree so I've gone for a more neutral theme ..... white, clear, pale gold and a touch of silver.  Red or green on there just won't look right.  Thankfully hubby agrees with me, so we're off out later bauble hunting .... wish me luck!

I do have some baubles to share with you today though ..... I've finished the BIG! Lavinia ones that I started on the workshop ...... here's the two I did for Lauren


and the two for me ......


They were so easy to do.  The acetates inside were pre-printed with the beautiful Lavinia designs and all I've done is add a little colour using Copic Markers, and lots of glitter of course



The outside of the baubles have been sprinkled with glitters to add even more sparkle


and the tops have been decorated with berries and poinsettias, pine cones, leaves, ribbons whatever I could find in my stash really


All sprinkled with even more glitter .....


A little too big for the tree perhaps ........ but I love how they've turned out and they were so much fun to do.  The quality of the baubles is amazing ..... they really do look like glass.  Hmmm .... maybe I should order some more and make my own for the tree .... now there's an idea!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your weekend.

Cheerio until next time .....

5 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous baubles Linda, and your new tree looks lovely. My Christmas won't begin till mid December when I get back to the UK. Enjoy your build-up.
Avril xx

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW, Linda ! A lot of magic in all your decoration ! I love your Christmas tree, so beautiful with those neutral colours and at the same time so festive ! Bravo ! We also did ours this morning, but it didn't take us that long. My hubby and my daughter caught all the ornaments and garlands that we have in boxes and that's it ! So no specific colours, just a lot of them, but it's always a pleasure to see them enjoying this moment together every year. The Christmas lanterns are also burning, Mr Bublé also sang for us (Pentatonix too !) but I still miss the poinsettia !
About your handmade baubles, OMG, they are just stunning ! Absolutely gorgeous ! This workshop had to be fantastic, because the result is striking ! Good luck for your baubles hunting and can't wait to see a picture of your final Christmas tree ! xx

nancy littrell said...

It is looking a lot like Christmas in your home, Linda. Gorgeous..Stunning new tree with your neutral colors and lots of glitter:-) TFS your glittery and beautiful handmade baubles too. Merry Christmas...Hugs.Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

tomorrow is our day to pick up the tree, I don't think it will compare to yours. Those baubles or Michael Bublés look amazing :) Sorry an old joke of mine and friends in Canada.

Loll said...

Gorgeous baubles that you've made Linda! You always come up with the most beautiful Christmas ornaments. These are AMAZING! I love your new tree with the very elegant colour theme. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... at your house! xx