Monday 24 December 2018

'Twas the night before Christmas ........

Happy Christmas Eve .......

Not long to go now.
I was up and out early this morning, to pick up the last of the food shopping ..... the turkey is in the house!
It was crazy out there ....... but I made it home in one piece.  I think I've got everything ....... put it this way, if I haven't got it now, I'll manage without it.  I am NOT going out there again!!

The cupboards are full, the tree lights are twinkling and the presents are wrapped.  I've made a start on getting everything prepped for tomorrow and the bubbly is chilling nicely.  I just need to set the table, and do the table gifts ...... at least the tags are all ready and waiting.

 

The little man and his mum are here at the moment, we've baked cookies for Santa .......


We're going to take some to the elves later.  Apparently they're down in Castletown telling stories and playing games so we're going to join in the festive fun.

I know I've probably shared this with you before but, for all my crafty friends out there ...... does this sound familiar?

‘Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree. 
I'm wondering what Santa has brought just for me. 

Could it be cardstock or chipboard or lace? 

Or a Big Shot I said, with a smile on my face. 

And that's when I heard him, 

"Hello Santa, " I said 

"You know....good little girls 
Should be in their beds." 
"I know I should Santa, 
And now I've got caught. 
But I was just so excited 
To see what you’d brought." 
"Well, let's take a look 
In this room where you work. 
He shook his head quickly, 
And left with a jerk. 
I heard him exclaim 
As he put his sleigh into gear. 
"You've got enough crap, 
I'll see you next year!"


I think it's time to close my craft room door ..... I definitely don't want Santa going in there!!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy your Christmas Eve, and have a wonderful day tomorrow.
It's time to open one of those fancy boxes of chocolates I think, pour a cheeky little snowball and watch a festive movie.  The table can wait until later ..... Cheers! Merry Christmas xx


2 comments:

Redanne said...

I love the poem, and sadly I think he would say exactly the same thing to me!! Merry Christmas for tomorrow, enjoy the day! Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Ha! I hope Santa doesn't see in my craft room! Have a wonderful Christmas, Linda!