Friday 21 December 2018

We're nearly there ........

Happy Friday folks ......

Thanks goodness it's the weekend!  Mind you ...... considering I've done all the Christmas shopping (I keep saying this but then I see something else that would be perfect for .... whoever), everything's wrapped (everything that I've bought so far that is!), the cards are all delivered (I hope) and I've even started preparing the festive feast (thanks to the hints and tips from Jamie Oliver) there's still an awful lot left on the To Do list ...... eeek!
We were even out late night shopping last night.  We did end the evening with a lovely pre Christmas meal out though ....... at least I got a break from the cooking!

One thing I have forgotten to do though ....... is to blog this years Christmas card for our very special, and very excited little man.
He finishes school for the Christmas break this afternoon after a week of carol services, parties, his Christmas lunch and of course a visit to see Santa.
I went along with Alex and his mum earlier in the week to visit Santa's Grotto at the Home of Rest for Old Horses, which isn't very far from us.


It was full of fairy lights, and Christmas carols, and you could walk through and feed the horses, grab a coffee, play a few games and of course pop in and meet the big man himself ...... it was lovely.  Cold, but lots of fun.


And here's the Christmas card ........


I hope he loves it as much as I do.

I saw the snowman on Pinterest ..... I'm so sorry, I would share the link with you but I can't find it again (arggghhh!!)
What a clever idea it is though.  I love it! ...... the simplest ideas are always the best.

He's simply made from three die cut circles of white card ...... layered with foam pads and glitter added around the edges .... how cute is that!


His little scarf is just two scraps of ribbon, and his arms are cut using a Memory Box branch die

His little face is done with dots of Black Enamel Accents along with a tiny piece of card coloured with a ZIG Marker to make his carrot nose.
This is about as close as we're going get to a snowman I think ...... a white Christmas on the island, not going to happen ...... unfortunately!


For the background,  I stamped various snowflakes using different inks, and then heat embossed more over the top with a gold EP to create a bit of depth.


I added a simple sentiment ......


And finished off with a sprinkling of my favourite Chunky White Embossing Powder.


I have read that some people struggle using this because it tends to blow away when they use the heat tool.
When I use it on my projects to give a snowy look, it's always the last thing that I apply ...... BEFORE I do any matting or layering. 
I take a pinch of the powder from the pot and sprinkle it over the area where I want the snow effect.  I then heat from UNDERNEATH.  This allows the powder to melt without being blown away with the blast from heat tool.  Once I see the powder start to melt, I move on to another section.  Easy ..... give it a try.

I'm also going to link this up to this month's Country View Crafts Challenge where the theme for December is Christmas ..... perfect!

Thanks for popping by ........ I know how busy you all must be!  Enjoy the rest of your day.
Have a lovely weekend ..... don't spend too much!  And in case I don't get chance to say it later .....

Merry Christmas!  
Make it a good one.   

We're having a quiet night in tonight.  Last night in town was bad enough ..... I dread to think what it's going to be like this evening. Plus, I don't know what they call it where you are but, the Friday before Christmas is known as Black Eye Friday here! 
It's pay day for most, work has finished for the Christmas break (if you're lucky!) and everyone will be full of the Christmas spirit .... literally!
The bars will be full to bursting, the music will be festive, you won't be able to get a table anywhere and the drinks will definitely be flowing! ..... when you can get to the bar!!  The Black Eye bit well, I'll leave that up to you to guess!  Not my idea of fun I'm afraid ...... I must be getting old!!
Instead ..... its a juicy steak and a nice bottle of red at home for hubby and I.  Maybe a Christmas movie too .... Ho! Ho! Ho!

Cheerio until next time ........

3 comments:

Evelyn Walter said...

I love this snowman! Gorgeous idea, Linda!
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges. I wish you a Merry Christmas!
Evelyn

Sue - said...

Love the card- bet he loves it too!

Sue said...

I love this Linda, what a brilliant idea for the snowman - so simple but I would never have thought of it! Here we have 'Mad Friday' for obvious reasons lol. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Sue xx