Monday 14 January 2019

New designs from Sweet Poppy Stencils .......

Happy Monday .......

This week is going to be a little crazy I think, if this morning is anything to go by!  Talk about multi-tasking ...... good job I'm female!!!

Before I lock myself in the craft room ...... and I'm not coming out until everything's done! ...... I want to share a couple of the new stencil designs with you from Sweet Poppy, launched at the end of last week.  There's something for everyone.

One of my favourites is the new Sunburst ..... this is going to be so useful.  Great for using to create backgrounds, or add detail and layers to your projects. But also fabulous to use on it's own, either in full .... it's a great size, or just part of the design.

Here's the design in full, on a 7x7 finished sized card ..... how fab does that look but it's so easy to create.


I've gone for nice, bright sunshine colours in Distress Inks, simply sponged through the stencil


I added a touch of glitter glue to highlight some of the dots.

A simple sentiment is all it needed to finish off ..... partly die cut (I'm teasing you here with something that's coming in March)


 And partly stamped .......


You don't have to make large cards though .... here's a little 5x5 design using the same stencil .....


I used the Sweet Poppy Stencil Medium in Gold this time and sprinkled gold glitter over the top


I used a die to cut out the centre, and popped my cute little monster behind .....


The new Monster Love stamp set from Concord & 9th just had to come into the craft room ...... it's so cute!!
I stamped one of the monsters onto a scrap of leftover card, added a touch of colour and then die cut him to fit in the centre circle.


I stamped the heart, added my sentiment, and fussy cut, and then attached it using a piece of folded acetate so that it moves around a little

Another of the new designs is this fabulous Carousel ..... just look at the detail


I've used some of the pastel coloured pastes through the design, then sprinkled with crystal glitter over the top ......


This is another large design which is perfect for those 7x7 or bigger, cardblanks.

I used Distress Inks to create the background, in the same pastel shades.  I simply swiped the inks onto a craft sheer, spritzed with water, and then used a paintbrush to splatter the colours onto my card


 A sentiment on the bottom ......


And a little of the design on the inside ......


All the new stencil designs can be found on the Sweet Poppy Website.  Just click on the New Products section.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great week.

I've got so much to do this week, it's going to be a busy one. 
We've got Chris back at home,  it's Lauren's birthday on Thursday and then we're all off to the UK on Friday for a family wedding at the weekend.   In between the ironing and the packing, all the craft stuff, and my DT commitments, I have to get my hair done, nails done, birthday shopping with Lauren. I need to find a tie for hubby that will match my dress. Speaking of which ...... it fits, thankfully!! I tried it again over the weekend,  and the shoes I got to go with it are perfect.

We haven't been to a good wedding for a long time.  It's hubby's brother that is finally tying the knot.  Him and his girlfriend have only been together for about 25 years so I think it's time don't you!

Oooh!  I almost forgot, we have another little celebration ......... can you believe that my little old blog is 7 years old today!!

Happy Blogiversary to Life in the Craft Lane!!

That's a lot of blogging!!  And I've enjoyed every minute if it.

I'd like to say a BIG Thank You to all my Blog Friends and Followers for visiting, and commenting. I couldn't do it without you ...... mwah!!!

Cheerio until next time .....

No comments: