Monday 18 March 2019

A little reminder for the CAS Stencil Challenge ........

Happy Monday .......

I do hope your week has got off to a great start.
I seem to have had one of those days ...... I've been busy, but haven't achieved much!

I've just popped by to remind you about this month's CAS Stencil Challenge ......


Our host this month is Julia and the theme is ....... Ghosting
There's some fabulous entries in the gallery so far, but don't worry, if you want to play along there's still time to get your entries in.

If you're not familiar with the Ghosting technique then there's links on the CAS Stencil Blog to some really easy to follow video tutorials ..... go on, give it a go!  Just remember to keep your cards in the Clean and Simple (CAS) style

I've gone for a bit of a masculine look today ..... well with the colours at least!


I blended Distress Oxides onto a piece of smooth watercolour card, then placed my stencil over the top.


Using a damp baby wipe I gently rubbed over the stencil design, removing some of the ink from the design


The stenciled panel was then attached to the bottom of a 7x5 inch cardblank.

I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the length of the card blank and then die cut a fancy edge along the bottom


I added my sentiment and then attached this to the front of my card blank, overlapping the stenciled panel.


To finish off I added a few drops of Nuvo Jewel Drops around the sentiment.

We've also got a lovely Guest Designer this month ...... Ishani is joining us, so please pop by and say Hello.

Happy stenciling!

I'm also linking this card up to this month's Country View Crafts Challenge where the theme is Letters and/or Numbers




Thanks for stopping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a lovely week.
We haven't much in the diary this week, it's a bit of a quiet one for a change.  Lots to do in the craft room though.

Cheerio until next time .....



Products used:
Stamps: Birthday Love (T for Transparent set by Penny Black)
Inks: Distress Oxides - Faded Jeans, Gathered Twigs; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Numeric Layering Stencil (Tim Holtz); Stitched Fancy Edge cutting die; Nuvo Jewel Drops - Sea Breeze

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a great sentiment to go with your ghosted numbers panel Linda! Perfect colors for a guy card but would work for anyone's b'day! Great success with your ghosting! xx

Loll said...

Fabulous masculine birthday card Linda! The sentiment made me laugh! :) Great combination of colours ... love how the blue just blends so nicely into the brown. The ghosting turned out amazing with your number stencil! xx

Redanne said...

Welcome to my day (most days) Linda, ha, ha! I do love that technique, the card is beautiful with great colour choices.

Thanks so much for your beautiful card too, a lovely cheery surprise and lovely to have a Linda original! Hugs, Anne xx

Christine Alexander said...

Love that sentiment and the great ghosting effect you created :)

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Linda, gorgeous design and these colours are brilliant for a male, Cathy x

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous masculine design, Linda! Such a great sentiment and I love your color palette...perfect for a guy!

Robyn Oliver said...

Linda this is a great male card, your ghosted numerals look fabulous on the section at the bottom and love the different die cut front and topped off with a fun sentiment, really caught my eye.

Mrs.B said...

A great masculine card Linda, Love the design.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Love that angle of the sentiment layer, Linda, and the fun sentiment! The ghosted numbers are a perfect pairing!

Mac Mable said...

Love the masculine colours, the ghosting effect, the fabulous design and what a fun sentiment x.

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful color combination that you used. I love the numbers and the sentiment is so true!

rachel said...

Beautiful design - I love your card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Countryview challenges and goodluck! Hugs rachel xx