Wednesday 13 March 2019

Happy 3rd Birthday CAS Mix Up .......

Happy Wednesday .......

It's a bit of a cold and blustery one here today.  There's no boats, trees down everywhere .... it's blowing a right old hoolie out there!   There's nothing like starting your day chasing garden chairs in your PJ's!!!
Everything is safe and sound again though and the hatches have been battened.  Let's hope Storm Gareth doesn't hang around too long.

I'm playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge today and guess what ..... they're celebrating their 3rd Birthday.  Congratulations ladies!


The theme for March is Faux Stained Glass ..... something I've not tried before.
If you haven't tried it either, check out the links on the CAS Mix Up Blog, there's a couple of ways you can do this technique


I chose to use die cuts and Crystal Glaze ..... this was so much fun to do and I love how it's turned out

Faux Stained Glass technique/Rubber stamping/Heat embossing

I started with a scrap of cardstock coloured using Distress Oxides.


I then die cut the butterflies FOUR times ...... three from scraps of white card and once from a piece cut to 7x5 inches, to fit the front of my cardblank.  Behind this I attached the piece of coloured card and then, inlaid one of the die cuts back into place along with two more on top


I filled each of the sections with Clear Crystal Glaze and then set it aside to dry.

For the final layer I inked over each of the butterflies using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with a Platinum embossing powder.
Once the glaze was dry I added the embossed butterflies on the top ....... I love the dimension


A simle sentiment was all it needed to finish off ..... very CAS!


I'm definitely going to give this technique another try.

Thanks for popping by ..... have a great day.
I'm off back to the craft room I think ...... it's nice and cosy in there.

Cheerio until next time .....



Products used:
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments (Happy Little Stampers)
Inks:  Distress Oxides - Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Versamark ink
Other: Butterfly Trio Die (Poppy Stamps), Ink Me white cardstock (Hunkydory), Platinum Embossing Powder (WOW!), Nuvo Clear Crystal Glaze

9 comments:

Sue P said...

What a beautiful card and fun technique. Will you have a video showing us how you created this beauty? Thanks for sharing

Darnell said...

I love how you used those sweet butterflies for the stained glass effect, Linda! Your card is gorgeous! I'm glad you got your battens hatched, but please take care!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I love the colors, the shine of the "stained glass" and those adorable butterflies, Linda! Love, love, love this card! Hope you stay snug and warm!

Loll said...

This is such a sweet card Linda! I LOVE the colours of your butterflies. Great work with the faux stained glass technique! Sorry to hear it's so stormy there. I can imagine you entertaining your neighbours this morning, running around the yard in your PJs. :) Hope it is quiet and calm for you soon. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Love your beautiful Butterflies Linda splendid card for this months challenge at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Yes blustering over with us too....What a stunning CAS card Linda and the technique looks fabulous. Such a pretty card and the final layer of the platinum is so striking. Glorious card and looks great in the Gallery.....Thank you x.

Jo said...

GORGEOUS, did I say it loud enough? Three flutters, three dimensions, honestly, faux glass, doesn't get better than this. The gold adds some punch and repeating the pink adds to the softness of this beauty. Thanks so much for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, this is stunning and CAS perfection, Linda! I love the combination of the warm colors and Platinum. You did a fantastic job with this technique. The shiny wings of the three butterflies are so lovely!
Hideko xx

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful stained glass butterflies Linda! love the embossed gold on them!