Thursday 11 April 2019

Good Friends are like Stars ......

Happy Thursday ......

It is Thursday isn't it?
Hubby had the day off on Monday, then he worked from home on Tuesday, and now I've no idea what day of the week it is!!!

We had a fabulous weekend though.  We had some friends over for a few days and even though we hadn't seen each other for about seven years, we immediately picked up just where we left off.

The weather was glorious so we spent four days out and about.  We went from North to South with everything in between.  Lots of good food and nice wine, barbeques with the family ...... and the hot tub got used for the first time this year ......


Just look at that sky .....


We even saw seals in the south of the island .......


enjoying the sun down on the rocks at the Sound.


It all went by so quickly ....... hopefully we won't leave it as long next time!!

As you can imagine there wasn't a lot of time spent in the craft room over the weekend.  Luckily most of the 'To Do' list for last week had already been done.

Here's a few more of my Sweet Poppy Stencil makes that will be on their way to Lucy very soon.
It's all about Elephants today ....... using one of the fabulous Sweet Poppy Stencil designs
You do get two elephants on the stencil, a large one and a really cute small one.
For this design I've used the large one and turned the stencil over to get the elephant facing the opposite way.


I stenciled the elephants onto a piece of white cardstock using Distress Oxide inks .....


I then stamped the sentiment underneath and fussy cut around the top edges of the elephants


I found a piece of card in my stash that reminded me of a galaxy sky.  I think it's been done using the Distress Oxide Sprays onto black card ....... not sure what mix of colours exactly though.  Probably pink, blue, a touch of purple and some splatters of white ink in there too


It made the perfect backdrop for my elephant friends ...... especially with that sentiment.

Here's the cute little one, stenciled across a piece of white cardstock to make a baby card .....


Distress Oxide ink again ......


And a simple sentiment stamped and heat embossed underneath .....


And I added two scalloped borders top and bottom,, cut from white cardstock and coloured with the same Distress Oxide ink

Finally the large elephant again ...... I found a piece of cardstock in my stash, perfect colour for what I wanted but unfortunately not quite big enough to fit the whole of the elephant on.


Not a problem ..... you know how I like to sometimes use only part of a design.
I stenciled the elephant onto the bottom using Black ink


 and then added some foliage to the top using one of my favourite Sweet Poppy Designs ......


I stenciled some leaves in black ink and then used the Pearlescent Paste for the last one, and added some Ultra-fine Glass Micro Beads over the top ....... these add great texture.

I also used the same stencil to add some extra detail down the side .....


And finished with a sentiment .......


Lucy will be on our screens on April 19th ........ watch this space for details of times.

EDITED ....... thanks to the tip off from the lovely Darnell (Thanks hun .... mwah!)
I'm entering the first card and the last card into the latest Twofer Challenge


As you can see the theme is Zoo Animals ..... so I guess these fit the bill


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
It's the craft room for me today ...... I've a workshop to prep.

Cheerio until next time .....



Products used:
Stamps: Life is a Journey clear stamp set; Cheers clear stamp set (both by Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks - Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean; Versafine Clair - Nocture
Others: Elephant Stencil, Leafy Flowers stencil (SweetPoppy); Pearlescent White Stencil paste, Ultra-Fine Glass Micro Beads (SweetPoppy); Background cards from my stash, Versamark ink; Silver Embossing Powder (WOW!)

10 comments:

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing the photos, Linda! What a great weekend!! Your elephant cards are all really gorgeous and what great inspiration for stretching your goodies! As a matter of fact, if you could possibly take a photo of your first large ellie card and your last large ellie card (or do a collage), you can enter the current Twofer challenge!!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

Ooooh .... thanks for the nudge hun. I'm on it!! xx

Ellie Lee said...

I rarely comment and always enjoy your posts. Love the elephant cards and how you're always on to of all of these challenges that are everywhere.

Fabulous family time is such a strong thread throughout your posts and adds such a special element.

You are appreciated!

Ellie Lee

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Linda, I do love elephants. Love the 'jungle' feel you gave to the last one.
Avril xx

Leslie Miller said...

That's an absolutely beautiful elephant stencil and I love that you can turn it over to get an opposite. LOVE all the colors and ALL your cards! I'm so glad Darnell gave you a nudge to share at Twofer. These cards are amazing! ps: I envy you all that beautiful sunshine, but I'm also happy for you. What a lovely weekend!

nancy littrell said...

How cool, Linda that your 1st and last cards work perfectly for Dolly's Twofer challenge. I loved your sweet baby boy baby elephant card too. TFS your playtime with your forever friends too. Always fun seeing what your family is up to. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Fabulous stenciled cards Linda. You have the best background pieces in your stash!! Gorgeous backgrounds for the first and third cards. Especially love the third with the stenciled fronds in black and the green paste with microbeads ... WOW! xx

Happy Dance said...

Those elephant stencils are just wonderful! All the swirls within the design add so much interest to an already interesting animal!! You've got not two, but three wonderful designs here, too!! Amazing colors, and that background on the first card is simply stunning. I don't think I could do that on a bet! Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Bonnie said...

Awesome elephants, Linda!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your Twofers.