Saturday 4 May 2019

CAS Stencil Challenge .......

Hello there ...... I'm back again.

How's your day been? It's been lovely here ..... our Bank Holiday weekend has got off to a great start.

I've spent the day in the company of my crafty friends, working on more calendar pages.  We've had a great time, playing with simple masking techniques and easy scene building, using the gorgeous Lavinia stamps ....... more about all that later.

It's time to get this months CAS Stencil Challenge underway. 
It's hosted by the lovely Sue this month and it's another fun technique for you .....


Stenciling over Coloured Backgrounds ...... there's a few ways you can do this. 

Use your stencils with inks, or pastes etc.,  over pretty Designer papers, or even over those papers that are not your favourites but you don't want to throw then out .... we all have them!!
Why not stencil over one of those many inky backgrounds you have, made from all those mop up pieces of card perhaps.
Or ....... a really simple way is to just use coloured card, as I've done here.


I've used an off cut of coloured cardstock ..... a pretty pale green shade, and then stenciled over the top using Distress Oxide inks and the TH Mosaic stencil


I love how the Oxides still keep their colour even on the green cardstock.

I die cut a frame to fit over the top and then added a pretty die cut flower, coloured using Oxide inks


A sentiment stamped underneath ....


and a few touches of Crystal Glaze here and there, to add a bit more interest to the stencil design.


Now it's your turn.  Happy stenciling!

The rest of the Design Team have been busy, check out the CAS Stencil blog and see what they've created  And we've also got another great Guest Designer this month .........  Michele (from I Card Everyone) is joining in the fun.  Please pop by and say Hello.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.
We're off out again later ..... its Thai food tonight.  Well, I've been busy all day, so I'm not in the mood for cooking!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stamps: Heartfelt clear stamp set (Penny Black)
Inks: Distress Oxides; Verafine Clair (Black)
Other: Mosaic stencil (Tim Holtz); Crystal Glaze (Nuvo); Stitched Frame Die; Daisy Die (Penny Black)

12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful Linda, and love the tiny touch of crystal glaze in the corner :)

Loll said...

LOVE this gorgeous card Linda. I would never thought of stenciling purple over green card. The DOX inks are amazing and you've shown me a totally new way of using them. I love the beautiful design of the mosiac tile and love how you've highlighted sections with crystal glaze. Another very artsy technique and looks amazing! xx

Sue said...

A gorgeous background for your sweet flower, Linda and I love the touches of crystal glaze.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciling on colored card stock, Linda. I love how you added a bit of crystal glaze on just some of your stenciling. Adds such beautiful shiny texture to your background. Wonderful narrow framing and die cut flower to finish off your beauty. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very inspiring! Beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

Love these colors and the glaze on some of the mosaic sections! The flower adds a feminine touch and that's a fantastic sentiment to go with it!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful card, Linda! Your color palette is so pretty and I love how you added Crystal Glaze to add dimension to your design...Love your sentiment, too!

Robyn Oliver said...

oooww this card is really gorgeous Linda, love the mosaic stenciling on the green card and the DO colours you chose with the added glaze are fantastic... great background for your die cut flower.

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and beautiful card. Thanks for the information on the oxides and how they keep their colour over the coloured card stock. Great stencil and love the idea of using the glossy accents to hi-light certain parts. I thought it was clear embossing paste, so thank you for another fun idea and for the inspiration x Hope you enjoyed the Thai food? I was thinking about you the other day too with the Sauvignon Blanc Day....gourmet meal pairing night ....I suspect you had a great time? x

Brenda in IN said...

What a great tip this is, Linda. I have c/s in colors that I don't care for and stenciling over them is a wonderful idea. I love what you did here. This card is amazing and I really like that purple over the green. The shine in the corner is so pretty.

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful stencil and beautiful colors of paper and DOX ink - at first I thought you clear pasted over your stencil but I see it's a random placing of Crystal Glaze - so pretty! and your softly colored die cut bloom looks lovely over the corner of your die cut frame!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Linda, love the colours and the touch of shine from the crystal glaze, so effective, Cathy x