Thursday 2 May 2019

Sentiments only ....... for the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge

Good evening ......

What's this ....... two posts in one day. I did say May was a busy month. My multi-tasking skills have been getting a real workout and it's only the 2nd of the month!!!

It's time to get May's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge underway.

Clean and Simple ...... one of my favourite styles but, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.  White space can be a little scary for some.   We have a nice easy theme this month though ........ you can't get much more clean and simple.


That's right ...... no images or pictures on there, JUST the words.
You can include minimum embellishments, and add a little colour to the background but, keep the sentiment as the focal point. And don't forget ..... lots of white space


I've gone for the rainbow look.
I die cut my sentiment three times from plain white cardstock, and then layered them together to give it some height and dimension


I used Distress Inks to colour each of the letters on the top layer, applied using a waterbrush so that I could blend the colours where each letter joined the next.

I used the same colours of ink to add a few splatters on the background ...... I do love a bit of ink splattering.


I attached the die cut over the splatters and stamped the rest of my sentiment underneath


A few tiny dots of glitter glue add a touch of sparkle and we're done! Not only clean and simple, but quick and easy too!  Just as well really, with the to do list I've got for this month!

What words will you use?  See you in the gallery.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
Next job ...... the ironing! Oh joy!

Cheerio until next time ........


Products used:
Stamps: Birthday sentiment (from an old HLS stamp set)
Inks: Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade
Other: Happy Die (Winnie & Walter), Stickles Glitter Glue - Crystal

4 comments:

Jane said...

So pretty! Love your candyfloss colours and the tiny splatters are perfect.

Julie B said...

Those colours are so pretty on the die cut happy. :)

BożenA said...

Hi Linda! This card is the quintessence of beauty and CAS. I love pastel colors and fine instills. This card does not need anything more, because it's perfect!
Hugs,
BozenA

Loll said...

Perfect design for your challenge, Linda! The rainbow colours really add a lot of brightness and fun. Love the simple splatters to finish. xx