Saturday 8 June 2019

Fancy a Blog Hop? ........

Good morning ........

It's the weekend ....... yeah!!!! 
I think we're going to have a quiet one, it's been a busy couple of weeks.

There is a Blog Hop going on though ........ why not grab a cuppa and hop on through the Uniko Revisit Blog Hop.
As there's no new release from Uniko this month we're revisiting a couple of previously released stamp sets ........ Explosion! and Explosion Additions ...... along with the matching Designer Dies.

I think these stamps are great for kids and teenager cards, and all those hard to make for men!!  Perfect for all sort of occasions too..... don't forget, Father's Day is next weekend.


This was so quick to make ...... and having the matching dies makes it really easy to cut out.

I simply stamped my images onto white card using my new Catherine Pooler inks ..... I've had my eye on these inks for so long, so I finally gave in to temptation and bought some of the minis just to try (I didn't really need new inks but ..... you know how it is!)


The colours are fab, and great coverage too. Now I need more!!

I used the matching dies to cut them out and then attached them to my card front, layering one on top of the other ......


The WOW! is attached using a piece of folded acetate giving it a bit of movement.

I stamped my sentiment underneath ......


And finished off with a few dots of enamel accents


Just think of all the different colour combinations you could use!

You have until midnight (BST) on June 15th to complete the Blog Hop.  Don't forget to leave comments along the way.
There's also a fab prize up for grabs ..... a £25 eGift Certificate for one lucky Blog Hopper.

The rest of the DT have been busy with these stamps so pop by and see all their fabuous designs.  Here's the full list .......

Linda (that's me)

Happy hopping!

Thanks for popping by ........ have a lovely weekend.

Well we got through another TT.   Despite the bad weather we've had over the last couple of weeks causing delay after delay, all the racing was completed.   
The weather was kind for the final two days. Thursday was glorious and crammed with racing ..... 5 races and two qualifying sessions, with the big one, the Senior Race being run as always yesterday (Friday).
This year's winner ..... Dean Harrison 

photo courtesy of 3fm Radio
We've been up to the Grandstand ..... and met Joey (more about the giant Wallabies later!)


We made it to Bushy's TT Village again and soaked up the TT atmosphere ..... with maybe a gin or two (speaking of which it's World Gin Day today ....... cheers!)


And we watched the finale fireworks ......


So .... it's all over for another year.  The countdown is already on to TT 2020!!

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: Explosion Additions, Birthday Wishes (Uniko)
Inks: Catherine Pooler inks - Rockin Red, Tiara; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Others: Designer Dies - Explosion Collection (Uniko); Red Enamel Accents

14 comments:

Julie B said...

Your colour combination works really well Linda, I always struggle to decide which to use. :)

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda, as you say perfect for teenagers and the sentiment would suit anyone.
Great pictures, and I'm so glad we're having a rainy day and I'm catching up in the craft room - otherwise I wouldn't have known it was World Gin Day - I'll make sure I'll join in.
Have a great weekend. Avril xx

SD pooja said...

Wonderful card !! Fun,CAS and awesome !!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the red & gold. Great design!

Christine Alexander said...

Fun card for any age :)

nancy littrell said...

Wow...fun and cheerful birthday card, Linda. Quick and Easy too:-) TFS Hugs..

Carole said...

This is a striking design , classy colours and just great for a birthday.

Helen said...

Great card, Linda - love the colour combination you've used.

Helen x

Darnell said...

What a great explosive birthday card design to help someone celebrate big time, Linda! I'm sorry I've been away so long on holiday and one thing and another. We (that is the Mister) watched all of the TT and the highs and sad lows. I came in from the Playhouse on Friday when he was watching it so I watched the last ten minutes of the Senior TT with him. When I saw Dean, who was in second place, come on the TV, I swooned over his colors and said, "Oooh, I'm cheering him on because of his pretty colors!" Kevin rolled his eyes, but sure enough, Dean WON a few minutes later! We had a good laugh about it. Thanks for sharing the photos of the fireworks! It must be quite a series of events to attend year after year! Hugs, Darnell

Chandhini said...

Great card, love how you paired the sentiments.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome card! Love the colors!

Quillish said...

So before I commented, I had to Google TT and oh my God.. that's adrenaline rushing sports. And it's quite popular I see, Darnell watches it too!! I Really loved your CAS style and those colours, so cool.

madhatter said...

Fabulous colours Linda and fabulous cards. I too have had my eye on these inks so may have to try some now, they look amazing.
Tracey.x

Tina Z. said...

Stunning card.