Monday 15 July 2019

Back on dry land ......

Happy Monday to you .......

I'm back!!!!   Another fabulous family holiday over ...... and we're already planning the next one!


We all had a great week on the Norfolk Broads ....... totally relaxed, ate far too much good food, and possibly had a few too many cheeky G&Ts but ....hey! we were on holiday!!!  I will share some more pictures with you once we've sorted through them.

It's all back to normal though this week ...... and it's busy!!!
I did take a 'small' craft bag with me on holiday with some bits and pieces to do but ...... it never got touched!!!  I'd also planned on blogging a little bit whilst we were away, but the internet on the boat was so bad I didn't even try. 
So .... it's catchup time this week. It's going to take me a while to see what I've missed on all your blogs, never mind catching up with this one!!! 

First up, I'm playing along with one of my favourtie Blog Challenges ....... CAS Mix Up

 
I couldn't miss this month's theme, seeing as I'd already got my Alcohol Inks out for the CAS Stencil Challenge.
I've used the Alcohol Ink Lift technique, there's some stamping on there and the element of my choice is ..... die cutting


Using an applicator tool with a felt pad I applied a few drops of the Alcohol Pearl inks onto the pad and then swiped it across a piece of YUPO paper.  I used a clean pad for each of the different colours, and blended them with a tiny drop of Blending Solution


I used one of my all time favourite Penny Black stamps .... Blush, inked using the Alcohol Ink Lift pad to add the flowers in the background .......


I added a few splatters using some Blending Solution on an old paintbrush and stamped my sentiment over the top ......


I added my die cut frame around the edge and finished off with a co-ordinating die cut flower, cut from a piece of YUPO, coloured using the same Alcohol inks


A few dots of glitter glue add a touch of sparkle.

Well that's one off the list ..... what's next?

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to the craft room now ..... well, maybe in a little while.  It's a shame not to make the most of the glorious sunshine we've got this afternoon.   Although I am dying to try these out .......


Yes, I couldn't resist treating myself to these gorgeous Blender Brushes by Taylored Expressions.  They were waiting for me when I got home at the weekend ....... it's almost a shame to use them though .... they look so pretty!!!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stamps: Blush (wooden stamp), Special Sentiments (T for Transparent) - Penny Black
Inks: Alcohol Pearl Inks - Sublime (green), Alchemy (yellow), Splendor (orange) & Deception (pink); Blending Solution, Black Archival ink, Alcohol Ink Lift 
Others: Bashful die - Penny Black; Nesting rectangle dies to create the frame; White Blizzard Glitter Drops (Nuvo)

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time with the family and made lots of fabulous memories x.
What a stunning card. Love how you applied the background alcohol inks and the lift technique looks striking and so beautiful. Wonderful addition to the gallery Linda....Thank you x.

HilaryJane said...

Glad you had a good holiday, I really like this card the colours are wonderful and the way you have applied them has created a sense of texture to the background, lovely daisy stamp too xx

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, Linda! I love how you've pulled the alcohol ink across the paper. It makes a wonderful background! The flowers have lifted so beautifully and I love the coordinating die cut! Hope you got to have some fun with those brushes! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Christine Alexander said...

I've always wanted to go on the Norfolk broads, perhaps one day on a visit back home, I'm glad you had a great time :)
wonderful AI lift, I love the swiped look :)

Jo said...

What a precious BG of AIs. The daisies blend in perfectly in the decor and the pop of that die cut gives this beauty dimension. Thanks so much for sharing! xx

Loll said...

Another wonderful family holiday! Sounds like the perfect relaxing holiday, Linda.

I love the background you've created with your AIs. So much visual texture with gorgeous, bright and sunny colours. Fabulous lift for your flowers and wonderful with the die-cut matching one. Great design, my friend! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Perfect design for the CAS Mix Up challenge Linda, gorgeous card and clear AI lift. Thanks for joining us this month.