Thursday 18 July 2019

Life is better in flip flops! ......

Happy Thursday .......

I hope you've had a nice day.
The rain from yesterday seems to have disappeared which is good, however the forecast for weekend is not so good.  Typical ...... the schools finish tomorrow for the long summer break. Lets hope the weekend is just a blip!
I think I'm still in holiday mood though ..... it's been a tough week trying to get back into the swing of things, but I think I'm almost there.

It's time for a little reminder of this months CAS Stencil Challenge ........


Hosted by the lovely Cathy, our theme this month is all about Alcohol Inks and Alcohol Lift

Alcohol Inks are so much fun to use, and the lift technique works so well with stencils.
Why not give them a go and play along with the challenge.
Check out the links on the challenge blog to some great video tutorials on how to use these inks .... and then have some fun!


Told you I was still in the holiday mood ........ totally agree with this sentiment.  I love my flip flops!!!

I've used my Alcohol Pearls again, on YUPO paper, to create the background.
I applied a few drops of colour onto a felt pad applicator and then swiped the colour across the YUPO


I then used a Tim Holtz stencil and the Alcohol Ink Lift Re-inker to add the sunrays ...... a few drops of the re-inker onto a craft mat, picked up with a sponge applicator tool and then lightly dabbed over the stencil to remove the colour.  Less is more with this technique ..... if you have too much of the Lift ink on your sponge  it will seep underneath your stencil spoiling the design.
Remove the stencil and blot the design with a paper towel ...... DON'T RUB!!  Repeat this a few times to make sure all the excess ink and colour has been removed.  When your paper towel is coming up clean then you can rub over the design to give it a nice finish.


I stamped the sentiment using Archival Ink and framed my sunset efore attaching it on to my card.

I stamped the little flip flops, and heat embossed before colouring them using ZIG Markers.  They were then die cut and attached onto the frame ...... cute or what!


I'm also linking this up to the CAS Mix Up Challenge.  The theme this month is Alcohol Lift Ink so this definitely fits the bill.
Alcohol Ink Lift - check!  Stamping - check! and my choice element ..... die cutting - check!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
Things are definitley getting back to normal around here ........ I'm off to climb make a start on the mountain of ironing that's appeared.  I'm sure we didn't take that many clothes away on holiday!!

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stamps: Flip Flop Life stamps and matching die (Newton's Nook)
Inks: Alcohol Pearls - Alchemy (yellow), Splendor (orange), Deception (pink); Alcohol Ink Lift Re-inker; Black Archival; Versamark (for the flip flops)
Others: YUPO paper; Sunray Stencil (Tim Holtz); Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); ZIG Markers; Stitched Frame Die; Jewel Drops (Nuvo)

13 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful pearl AI colours for your sunset, Linda! Love how you've applied them. The sun rays lifted wonderfully ... thanks for all the tips! I love the fun sentiment and flip flops. Definitely a feel good card! :) I think the ironing can wait until tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day. Today is perfect for crafting, my friend! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Ah, yes...Life is definitely better in flip-flops! I love how you used your sun rays for your AI lift technique, and that you added the flip-flops to your design! Awesome card, Linda!
Barb xx

Julia Aston said...

I'm with you on the flips! What a great sun ray beach card with your beautiful sun set/rise colors and stencil! and sweet little flips enjoying the view!

Viv said...

Are there any other kind of things to wear on your feet then??? I'd like a pair like this tho', mine are really boring in comparison! Love the sun rays and the card is now making me want for September and my holidays! x

Bonnie said...

Life is better in flip flops or even bare feet! Love the sunny rays from your alcohol lift, Linda! This looks like a trip to the beach!

Christine Alexander said...

love the sentiment and those cute flip flops Linda, awesome card :)

nancy littrell said...

Yes, very cute flip flops and gorgeous stenciled sun rays using the alcohol ink lift technique. TFS Linda. Hugs..Nancy

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your colours, design and fun card.
Thank you for having me as guest designer - you have all been so kind and welcoming.

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous fun holiday card Linda- yep love those thongs (flip flops)too great Sundays AI lift backdrop

Cathy said...

Such a fun card Linda, love the sunrays, the lift technique looks really effective. I'm going to have to search out the flip flop set, love it! Cathy x

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty background with the pearl alcohol inks and the sunshine ray stencil looks fabulous. Cute fit flips and one very striking card x Good luck with the ironing! x

HilaryJane said...

This is such a clever cheery card. I love the colours and the detail of the flip-flops - I love them too xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun and cheerful card, Linda! Love the gorgeous the sunray lifted background and the cute flip-flops! The balance of the tilted and off-set panel is perfect! So glad to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery. Thank you!
Hideko xx