Thursday 5 September 2019

Inchies for CAS Mix Up ........

Happy Thursday .......

I'm playing along with the CAS Mix Up Challenge today.  The theme this month is ....... Inchies


What are Inches?  Well, they're little pieces of artwork and when I say little I mean, one inch squares .... hence 'inches'.
I've made twinches (two inch squares) but I don't think I've ever done inches before ..... here goes


I don't know about inches .... I've got a whole foot here ..... 12 of them!!  Each square measures just a smidgen under an inch, and they're all on the same stamp so it was really easy to create the background.
I simply inked up the stamp using the new Opaque Pigment inks from Crafter's Companion. These are really nice ..... great colours and they stamp beautifully.
I did use my MISTI to stamp the two different colours.  I used the pale blue first all over, and then followed with the pink just around the edges


With my stamp still in place I used the 'kissing technique' to get the floral image onto the seperate inches.
I inked up the stamp using a Versafine Clair ink and then gently kissed the surface of the background stamp and then stamped it over the squares


A quick blast with a heat tool to make sure the ink was dry, before I inked up the inches stamp again, this time using Versamark ink.  I sprinkled over some clear embossing powder and then heat set


All it needed was a simple sentiment to finish off .


So that's Inches ...... done.  Stamping ...... done.  And the 'Your Choice' element was .... heat embossing ..... done!

Thanks for stopping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
We've got the little man overnight tonight.  Lauren and Robbie are off to the Villa Marina to see Level 42 would you believe.  Now there's a blast from my past!! 
Lauren bless her, has no idea who they are, a bit before her time.  It's Robbie, her partner who's the big fan!!  I'm sure they'll have a great night.  We've got fish and chips and a movie I think! 

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: 12 Up (Darkroom Door); Special Sentiments, ebullient (Penny Black); 
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Glamorous: Harmony Opaque Pigment inks - Baby Blue, Pink Tulip (Spectrum Noir); Versamark
Other: Clear Embossing Powder (WOW!)

6 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous image and beautiful colours Linda. I have not used the kissing technique for AGES. How cool! Love the contrast from your inchies soft colours and the black framing. Fabulous! xx

Bonnie said...

Awesome use of inchies, Linda! Love the soft pink colors and all that shine! It's like a beautiful window! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

Loving the softness of these tiles creating one beautiful Inchie bloom. The black really make this piece pop. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's definitely pretty in pink - a lovely floral grid. You could come and share it over at the PaperArtsy blog where the theme this fortnight is Inchies and Twinchies.
Alison x

Linda said...

Thank you for your lovely comments Alison .... and thanks for the nudge :) x

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely Inchie card Linda, pretty in pink!