Friday 4 October 2019

October's CAS Stencil Challenge .......

Hello again .......
 
How's your Friday been? 
It's been busy here ....... the craft room's tidy (sort of!) and the door is now closed.   The 'to do' list has been done ..... yeah! go me!!!  And everything is all ready waiting to be packed in the suitcases tomorrow.

Before I put my feet up with a large, much needed, glass of wine I've got one more Blog Challenge for you ...... October's CAS Stencil Challenge.


Loll is our host this month, and she wants us to use Patterned Papers with our stencils.

We all have stacks of patterned papers ....... some beautiful designs that we just can't bring ourselves to use.  Two, three or even four sheets of our favourites, making sure we never use the last piece.  And there's those that are always at the bottom of the pile ..... for one reason or another.

Well, how about using stencils with your patterned papers.  Add highlights or texture to your favourite designs. Or stencil over the top of those you're not that keen on and create a completely different look.  It's a great way of using up your stash!


I've chosen a paper from an Altenew paper pack, called Summer Garden.  The pack is full of pretty floral papers along with some great designs for backgrounds.
I love this drippy, inky desing ..... the colour is fab and it has a nice textured look too.  But, it neded something else ......


I added a pretty stencil design over the top, using just a black ink. 
I used a sponge to apply the ink, building up the depth of colour slowly so that the ink didn't bleed underneath the stencil.


The sentiment has been die cut twice from plain white cardstock, and then layered together to give a bit of dimension.  I then added a touch of glue to the top layer, left it until it was just tacky and then placed a sheet of gold foil over the top.  I gently rubbed over the foil to make sure it was stuck and then peeled away the excess.  The result was this pretty golden die cut ........


A few dots of glitter glue here and there add a touch of sparkle.


The Design Team have been busy with their patterned papers, and we also have a lovely Guest Designer for this challenge ....... Gundi (papierelle) is joining in the fun, so be sure to pop by and say Hello.

OK .... time for that glass of wine I think and a nice relaxing evening in front of the TV. 
Tomorrow I'll be rushing around making last minute checks ....... have I packed everything?  Have I locked all the windows and doors?  Have I got the tickets and boarding passes? ...... and where are the passports!!!!!?

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
I'll try and share some photos while we're away.

See you all when I get back.

Cheerio until next time .....


Products used:
Stencils: Cornflowers stecnil (Sweet Poppy)
Ink: Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: 6x6 inch paper pack - Summer Garden (Altenew); Fancy Hello Die (Altenew); Gold Foil; Nuvo Glitter Drops

12 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous stenciling over your pretty patterned paper, Linda. I love your added foiled die cut sentiment. I really want to try your technique. You should add your card to the CAS Mix Up Challenge: Foil:-) TFS your beauty and have a fun trip. Hugs..Nancy

Julia Aston said...

What lovely paper you used Linda! The black stenciling looks beautiful over it - and that gold foiled word die cut is just gorgeous! Have a nice trip, traveling girl! xx

Viv said...

Loving this paper Linda and the stencil is a perfect combo with that wonderful word die! Have a great holiday x

Loll said...

Your patterened paper is gorgeous and creates an amazing sky for your beautiful silhouette flowers. LOVE your design, Linda. The gold foil sentiment really stands out with all that amazing shine. Have a wonderful time away! xx

Barb Ghig said...

I love your choice of papers and how you paired it with this beautiful stencil! Such a striking combination! I also love how you created the gold sentiment ~ Have a wonderful vacation! Barb xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Linda... oh dear those stashes of DP, drawers really, and I read how the favorites are being saved - I have lots of these...BUT made a pact to stop that idea and get on and use them (that though will take many many cards) - so yes I love that Loll had us dig into them to use with out stencils - your DP is gorgeous and I love the black sponged florals and the gold sentiment and bling.. NICE hugs Robyn

papierelle said...

Beautiful card!! It's a nice idea to color the flowers in black, it looks like a silhouette.
Thank you for the great honor of being a guest designer this month.
Gundi

Bonnie said...

What a pretty stencil, Linda! And a perfect background for the sweet flowers!

Pauline said...

Wow! Linda this is stunning! Your right I do have tons of paper I just can't seem to bring myself to use, and I do have lots I could do something with, but never thought of stenciling on it. I love the black stenciling, it makes this pop, and the gold hello finishes it off perfectly!

Christine Alexander said...

wow, love that contrast with the black against the DP :)

Kia's Place said...

A wonderful card ... such a pretty stencil.

Cathy said...

Really pretty card Linda, those sweet poppy stencils look fabulous! Love the touch of gold too, perfect finish, Cathy x