Wednesday 15 January 2020

A CAS reminder ........

Happy Wednesday .......

If you're a fan of the CAS Blog Challenges ....... that's Mix Up, Watercolour, Christmas or CAS Stencil, then you've probably noticed that we're doing things a little differently for the mid challenge reminder posts.
Starting this month,  ALL of the inspiration posts for the four CAS challenges, will all be going live on the same day ....  which is today!
For me that means that I have two posts in one.

First up ........ the CAS Mix Up Challenge where the theme this month is
Partial Die Cutting



This really was simple to do and I think you could do this with virtually any of your metal dies.

I cut a piece of white card to fit the front of my cardblank then simply stamped the flowers in the centre..... ish.


I then placed the matching die over the top, securing it with low tack tape.
Because I only want to die cut part of the image, I made sure that the bit I didn't want to cut was over the edge of my cutting plates, this mean't there would be no pressure on this part when it actually went through the machine, therefore the die wouldn't cut around that part of the image.
I simply took a craft knife and a ruler to cut away the rest of the bottom section.

I attached a piece of black cardstock to the bottom of my card, to make the die cut edge stand out more, and then attached the die cut piece over the top using foam pads


I'm using up leftovers again ..... something I'm trying to do more of this year.  You can't see my desk at the moment for stuff left over from one thing or another.  When I get a spare minute I'm going to have a really good clean up!!!

I finished off my card with a simple sentiment a few sparkly gemstones


Onto the CAS Stencil Challenge now, where the theme is
Use a New Stencil

This could be a brand new stencil that you've just bought, one that's only just been released or, maybe a stencil that you've had for a while and it's never been used ..... I'm sure we all have lots of those!

Not sure when I bought my stencil, I found it in my box of NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff!) ..... isn't it pretty!



I applied various colours of  Distress Oxides through the design


Added a few ink splatters onto the background ......


And stamped a sentiment over the top ...... stencils make one layer cards so simple to do.


I added a touch of fine crystal glitter to the flowers, just to give things a bit of sparkle


There's still time if you fancy playing along with any, or all, of the CAS challenges.  I look forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
These arrived this morning ........ haven't told Alex yet but Lauren's been round to check them over!
19 weeks on Friday ....... not that I'm counting!


Cheerio until next time .......

Products used:
CAS Mix Up card
Stamps: Just for You (Clearly Besotted) with Matching Die
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz & Silvery Shimmer for the splatters ont he black card
Others: Just For You Die (Clearly Besotted); Gold gemstones

CAS Stencil card
Stencils: Stencil #73  Bouquet (ALL & Create)
Stamps: Sentiment is from Beautiful Heart (Penny Black 'T' for Transparent)
Inks: Distress Oxide Ink - various colours; Delicata Gold & Silver inks for the splatters; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: Quickie Glue pen; Fine crystal glitter

15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

2 wonderful cards, the black and white one is stunning and those amazing splatters. I am a big fan of splatters but don't use them very often myself as I am always afraid of ruining the card so I appreciate a good splatter on other peoples cards! That stencil on your second card is very special and beautifully coloured with no overlap - well done. And more splatters great! xx

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs Linda - the black and white partial die cut card is stunning with the dramatic blocks of color - and your flower stencil is so pretty in all the colors you used! - you're traveling again?!! Are you ever at home?! you lucky duck! (say hi to Donald!) xx

Viv said...

Great job Linda! The stencil is so pretty and the drama of the black and white fits me perfectly!! x

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous cards!! I really love the black and white... So striking!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful partial die cut black and white and stenciled flowers beauties, Linda. Do you think you are excited just a bit about your vacation in 19 weeks? TFS Hugs..Nancy

Barb Ghig said...

Your partial die cutting on the first card is perfect with those blooms and I love your color palette on your stencil, Linda! Two really beautiful cards!

Bonnie said...

Two gorgeous cards, Linda! Love the elegance of the black and white with that splattered bit on the bottom! Wow! And the stenciled flowers are even prettier with the bit of glitter! So clever and fun!

Loll said...

Two amazing cards, my friend! LOVE the partial die-cut flower spray. Black and white is so classic ... and adding a splatter of gold takes it up a notch further. Great work with partial die-cutting. And your stencil card is so pretty! Love the beautiful mix of colours for the flowers. This definitely says that Spring is coming! Great work Linda! The brochures are going to make you even more excited about your trip! So fun! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Both cards are so pretty Linda. Love your stencilled flowers, the touch of sparkle is perfect and the black and white is classic :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both floral cards are stunning, Linda! The pretty and modern-looking first card is a geat example of the partial die-cutting technique. The gemstones are sparkly and the spatters are beautiful.
The stenciled flowers are so pretty and I love the color combo!
Hideko xx

Jo said...

Simple and very elegant first card. Love the black and white with a touch of gold. The stencilled pastel flowers are very pretty too. Both are beautiful! xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! I love them both! The black and white with touch of gold is very classy and the stencilled card is so feminine! The glitter is a lovely touch:)

Kia's Place said...

Such beautiful cards these are. Love the stencil card with the splatters ... so pretty.

Susan Joyce said...

2 wonderful designs Linda Love the bright colours you used on the stencil card and the black and white card is awesome.

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards Linda, your stencilled one is so pretty and I love the touch of sparkle, Cathy x