Friday 28 February 2020

Galaxy Skies for my journal .....

Happy Friday ........

I hope you've had a nice week. 
This has been pretty much how my week has gone ......


I may not have done the housework but, I've been very productive in the craft room and, it's still reasonably tidy in there, which is a bonus!

March is fast approaching, so I've been busy getting some of my blog challenge projects ready.  And, I've been playing in my art journal again ......


Galaxy backgrounds and words from a song, for Februarys prompt on an Art Journaling Challenge  I signed up to, from the Mixed Up Creative Academy  It's a fab monthly challenge, you get a prompt and a video and the amazing thing is ........ it's free to sign up! 

I used Distress Ink sprays with a touch of Perfect Pearls .......


Stenciling, and a bit of ink splattering ......


And some song words ......


If you love art journaling check out the Mixed Up Creative Academy ..... there's a link above.  There's other stuff on there too, not just Art Journaling courses.

There was no housework done this morning either ....... I had the little man to look after. 
He's been off school today ...... he had a rather large verruca taken off his foot at the doctors yesterday, and it's made him feel a bit off colour.  He couldn't get any shoes on, bless him.  So he's been keeping me company ..... drawing.

Here's the result of my morning ........


She's not perfect but, she's not bad for my first attempt at drawing a face ........ I can't believe how she's turned out!!!  Next step is too add some colour over the weekend.

We've only 10 more days before we head off to pick up the motorhome ........ boy are the days going slow!
We actually handed over the money for it on Tuesday ......... that's the kids inheritance gone! 
This new baby of ours is not going to be cheap!!  I'm having fun kitting it out though ..... whistling kettle, jerry can and extra power packs so we can 'wild camp'.  New bedding and towels, not to mention all the stuff for the kitchen.  Makes a change from buying craft stuff I suppose. 
Whilst I'm looking at all the practical stuff .... hubby's decided he wants a drone!  Hmmm.

Thanks for popping by ...... have a lovely weekend.  I hope it's not too wet where you are.
We've got weather warnings in place and possibly ferry disruptions again Saturday and Sunday.  Roll on Spring!

Cheerio until next time .......


4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Surely this weather has to come to end soon Linda....Here's to Spring.
Fun words at the beginning of your post and so true x.
Wonderful journaling and so atmospheric. Loving the stencils especially.
Yay to the motor home coming soon and fun kitting her out x....Is it a her?
Sorry to hear about the little man and hope he recovers soon? x.
Stunning drawing of the face and well done you x

Redanne said...

Your journal page is beautiful, the stencil is one of my favourites! You have done a brilliant job on the face, it should be turned into a stamp... just saying. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Anne xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous journal page Linda, and great choice of stencils.
The hand drawn face looks brilliant, looking forward to seeing here with colour added.
Have a great weekend and hope the weather's not too disruptive.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Your journal is fabulous with those galaxy backgrounds, Linda. Great work! Speaking of which ... awesome drawing skills, my friend! Looking forward to seeing her with a little colour. xx