Friday 13 March 2020

There's still time to play along with the Craft Stamper Challenge .......

Happy Friday .........

I've just realised it's Friday the 13th ........ not that I'm superstitious, well not much anyway.

I hope you've had a good week.
We're travelling home later today after a brief, but busy, trip to the UK. 
It's been a little quiet in The Craft Lane this week, because we've been across to pick up 'the van' finally!   Yes, we have our new motorhome and he's having his first ferry crossing to the Isle of Man.  We've decided it's definitely a He, and we've named him Remi ...... Remi ,the Rapido!

But, enough about 'the van' for now.  It's time for a little reminder about this month's Craft Stamper Challenge.

The theme is Anything Goes ..... as long as there's actual rubber stamping on your project somewhere.  Be sure to check out the Craft Stamper Blog for the full challenge guidelines ...... you need to follow those to be in with a chance of winning one of the prizes.

As always we have two prizes up for grabs .......
(1) the Design Winner chosen by the DT.
They will get their winning project published in the Craft Stamper Magazine on a two page spread!!! A winners profile on the Craft Stamper Blog and, an invitation to be a Guest Designer on a future Craft Stamper challenge.

(2) the Challenge Winner ....... randomly chosen from all the eligible entries.
They receive the Blog Challenge Prize and this month it's a cracker!  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on these little babies ......


OK, now for a little bit of inspiration ......


I love these new large stamps from AALL&Create.  Designed by the fabulous Tracy Evans, they're perfect for cardmaking or journaling but also they're a great size for creating pieces of home decor.

I simply took a piece of mop card from my stash, and stamped the full image using a black ink. I love all the details.


I also stamped the flower heads onto some scraps of white card, heat embossed them with a clear powder, and coloured them using ZIG markers before fussy cutting.
I then layered up the flower heads and attached them onto the stamped image using foam pads to add a bit of dimension


I found an old photo frame that fit perfectly ...... well almost.  Not a problem though ...... I just removed the glass from the front and because I'd used foam pads to attach the flowerheads they just fit nicely over the edge of the frame.


I finished off by adding a layer of Glossy Accents to the bottles .....


The challenge closes on Wednesday 25th March so there's plenty of time to join in.
Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
I'm hoping for a nice calm crossing this afternoon.  We have a cabin though so if it is a little bumpy we can try and sleep through it.

Cheerio until next time .....



Products used:
Stamps: Daisy Elegance #266 (Tracy Evans for ALL&Create)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: Clear Embossing Powder (WOW!); ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Glossy Accents

2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Linda, love the idea of framing such a beautiful piece

Loll said...

Beautiful piece of art, Linda! That stamps is gorgeous and I LOVE the colours you've used. Adding the dimension on the flower heads really makes them stand out. Great work, my friend! xx