Thursday 7 May 2020

Keeping busy in lockdown .........

Happy Thursday ........

How is everyone doing? 
Another week is nearly over.  In fact ....... the weekend starts tomorrow for us,  we have a Bank Holiday weekend!! 
Our May Day holiday (usually the first Monday in May) has been moved this year to May 8th, to celebrate 75 years since VE Day.
Unfortunately there'll be no street parties and gatherings going on this year but, I'm sure everyone will find some way to celebrate!

So ...... what's been going on this week? 
Not much really.  I've been trying to finish off all the projects from the online workshops I did over the weekend.

Not got around to this one yet ....... I need to put some sort of image on there and add some words, but I loved how the pages came together.  Thanks to Sharon from the Forget Me Not Kraft Kabin for a fabulous journal workshop on Friday last week.  I will get this finished .... I promise!


Don't you just love this new stencil!  Its from Tracy Scott (PaperArtsy - PS187) and I can see me using this a lot!

Speaking of Tracy Scott, Saturday was another of her fabulous Lace Books ....... I'm addicted to these, they are so much fun.  Oh look ..... there's that stencil again!



I was going to add these to my Dylusions journal but, I think I'm going to keep them all together and make them into a journal of their own.  There's currently two different books available but Tracy has said there will be more!


And then on Sunday it was JOFY ......


Again, another fab workshop.  I learned so much, especially about the Fresco Finish paints


I'm loving these online Facebook Live workshops.  For me going to an actual class is not always possible ..... even when we're not fighting coronavirus!  I have to get to the UK first, and that usually means an overnight stay somewhere which can work out a little expensive, and that's on top of the price of the workshop, so to do them remotely is really working out for me. 
Although, once we're let loose again .... maybe I could incorporate going to workshops with a trip in the van ..... no need for hotels then.  Hmmm, need to look into that maybe!

So, that was my week.  Along with getting the boiler serviced and a new tumble dryer delivered, all keeping in with the social distancing rules of course. 
Oooh! ...... and I finally finished the jigsaw .....


Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .......

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I love that Tracy Scott stencil and your pages! Good for you taking those online classes and getting those projects done!

Loll said...

Your journal pages are awesome Linda! Love how the blue paint is streaked across the pages with that gorgeous stenciling. So much to look at with your four projects from the Lace book class. Again, fantastic designs with so much colour! And your JOFY card is fun! Great work on the jigsaw ... that didn't take you very long! Looks like you've been keeping very busy, my friend. No wonder the weeks are flying by! Could you please send some of your energy my way??!! :) xx