Saturday 23 May 2020

Sweet Poppy ..... part 2

Welcome to the weekend! .......

It's a long one too!
Before we head off for our weekend away, I just want to share with a couple more ideas for using your Sweet Poppy Stencils
Did you manage to see Lucy on the TV yesterday ....... there must have been a few of you watching because they were busy shows.  Glad you like the stencil designs.

The brand new one from the show was the pretty Dahlias ....... I love this new design.  How pretty does it look as a background ........


I painted a piece of white cardstock using a couple of different shades of blue acrylic paint to create a sort of weathered look (I used PaperArtsy's Fresco Finish paints ...... they dry really quickly and give a lovely matt finish)

I then stenciled the Dahlia over the top using an Archival Ink  (I think the colour was Cornflower Blue).  By simply rotating the stencil in different directions, I was able to cover the whole piece of card  to create this pretty, tone on tone background


I then used one of the Sweet Poppy word dies to cut out part of my sentiment ..... once from the stenciled card and three from a piece of plain white card


I then inlaid one of the white die cuts back into the stenciled piece and layered the rest on top, finishing with the coloured one.  This adds a little dimension to the die cut and camouflages it a little .... I do love this technique! The rest of my sentiment was stamped and added underneath.

Why not use your stencils to create pretty pieces of home decor .......


Again, acrylic paints to create the background ...... a bit more colour this time


Stencil the Dahlia over the top using white paint ......


Once it was dry I drew around the edges using a white gel pen ......


added a few paint splatters and a simple sentiment


I then painted a larger canvas with black paint.  To add a bit more detail and to frame my centre piece I stenciled the Dahlia top and bottom using a Black Archival ink.  Because the black paint is a matt finish and the ink dries slightly shiny, you get this pretty delicate tone on tone look .... very subtle.  It's there, but it's not, if you know what I mean ..... I love it!



Well that's it from me today.  I hope I've given you a few ideas for using with your stencils. 
Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend.

I'm off now to finishing packing up the van, then we're off up north!  Ballaugh to be exact. 
Because of the lockdown this is our first real adventure in the motorhome.  We'll probably forget something and no doubt make a few mistakes but hey! it'll be fun!  I just hope the weather brightens up a bit.  It's a little windy out there at the moment so we won't be putting the awning out!  And I think the forecast is for showers later but, tomorrow looks OK.  Plus, the weather always seems to be better in the north of the island.   And I suppose if it does get really bad, we can always come home!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ......

4 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful examples with the stencil Linda :)

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely stencilwork Linda, wall art looks amazing and great idea. Stay safe travelling, Robyn

Bonnie said...

Two more gorgeous stenciled pieces, Linda! The card is beautiful! And the art piece is GORGEOUS! I noticed the subtle stenciling on the black right away! Love it! Hope the weather turns good for an enjoyable weekend away!

Loll said...

More wonderful ways to use that amazing dahlia stencil. You always inspire me with your creativity! xx