Thursday 18 June 2020

Sweet Poppy Stencils .......

Happy Thursday ........

This week is flying by.  I hope you're having a good one.

We had a bit of a Walmsley Wednesday last night ...... good food, delivered from our favourite restaurant (who by the way are opening again on the 29th of this month ..... whoo hoo!!! BIGGER than before I believe, which is great news) There was wine involved, and a fun group video chat with the kids!  Great night ...... not so great morning!   

The lovely Lucy and Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on Hochanda tomorrow ......... Friday 19th June at 10am and 2pm.
There'll be some back in stocks, some old favourites and of course some brand new stencil designs.
There'll be lots of tips and techniques, and more from the Sweet Poppy range.
And, just in case you're starting to get that festive feeling then you might just find something for this years Christmas designs ...... Ho! Ho! Ho!

Here's a quick look at a few ideas using the brand new Christmas stencils .......
Warning! ..... lots of photos, you might want to grab a cuppa



There's always room in our stash for a pretty new Snowflake and this one is gorgeous. Look at the detail ........


Don't tell anyone but ..... I think there's a matching die coming very soon which makes it even better.
It's a great size, making it perfect for quick and easy designs.

For this one I applied Versamark ink through the stencil onto a piece of teal coloured cardstock and then heat embossed with a clear powder.


I spritzed the card using Distress Oxide Sprays ....... I used a little bit of Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough and my new favourite Distress colour .... Speckled Egg.


Once this was dry I placed the card in between two pieces of copier paper and ironed over the snowflake with a warm iron ........ NOT a steam iron.  This melts the embossing powder, the copier paper soaks it up removing it from the coloured cardstock. 
The result is a pretty image of the snowflake which is now flat, and has this sort of soft suede look to it

I added a touch of sparkle using fine crystal glitter, a few splatters of white ink and heat embossed my sentiment in silver


Another easy way to create backgrounds is using Brushos ...... little pots of pigment powders that when spritzed with water give gorgeous effects, that are different every time .......


I've used the stencil over the top, with a blue Versafine Clair ink pad


A touch of glitter and a simple sentiment to finish off


What about Kraft card ........ I love the look of white on Kraft


The snowflake heat embossed in white ......


Couldn't resist adding the glitter again.

I used white cardstock on the bottom, cut with some stitched edge dies to create a space for my sentiment.


And finished with some white paint splatters


Use the snowflake to create your gift tags too ......


Similar process to the card above except, I used Chunky White Embossing Powder for the falling snow ......


and I added a touch of gold embossing powder around the edges


Phew!  That's a lot of photos.  I think I'll leave it there for now and share the Lamp Post designs with you later.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
Time for another coffee I think!

Cheerio until next time .........


Products used:
Stencils: Snowflake (Sweet Poppy Stencils)
Inks: Versamark; Distress Oxide Sprays; Versafine Clair - Blue Belle, Nocturne; Distress Inks; Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment ink
Stamps: Joy & Peace, Noel stamp sets (Sweet Poppy)
Others: Clear, White and Gold Embossing Powders (WOW!); Quickie Glue Pen; Crystalina, Red, Glitter (Sweet Poppy); Brusho Powders; White paint (for the splatters); Chunky White Embossing Powder

3 comments:

Loll said...

Lots of wonderful designs using the new products Linda!! You have showcased them beautifully and always use the most fun techniques. Gorgeous cards! xx

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this snowflake, Linda! I can't decide which way I like best! I love them all!

Darnell said...

I came in through the front door, past the lampost, to here in order to see the snowflakes, too! You really rocked the new product show-off and inspiration with these gorgeous designs, Linda! Glad you are doing well!! Hugs, Darnell