Friday 10 July 2020

Someone's having a birthday .........

Good morning ..... Happy Friday!

Today's a very special day ......... it's hubby's Birthday! 


The celebrations will have to wait a few days until we're out of quarantine but, I am cooking one of his favourites this evening ..... beef stroganoff, accompanied by a nice bottle of red .... or two!!

Today is also the day when Lucy is back on Hochanda ..... 10am this morning (quick ..... grab a cuppa and settle down on the sofa!) and again at 2pm this afternoon.

As always there'll be brand new stencil designs, some fab favourites and back in stocks, along with lots of other good stuff to add to your Sweet Poppy stash.
Lucy will be giving great tips and techniques, showing you how to get the most from your stencils and of course there'll be lots of inspiration on show from the Design Team.

Yesterday I shared a couple of ideas with you using the snowflake stencil and the brand new matching die.  Today I've got a couple more for you using two of the new stencils ..... you will love these new designs!!

First up ..... Shower of Love (how cute are these two!!)


Designed for Sweet Poppy by Tracey Dutton from Lavinia Stamps, these little bunnies are just gorgeous!

I've used them here over a background from my stash (I think it's a mop up piece, using Distress Inks) for a really quick and easy, but pretty card.


I've used black ink through the stencil ....... gradually building up the depth of colour to get a nice crisp image


I then added Glossy Accents to the heart-like flowers and sprinkled with glitter whilst they were still wet ......


and finished with a sentiment on the bottom


Another gorgeous new design from Tracey is ....... Nocturne, another cute little bunny


These new stencils are a great size.  Perfect for all your cards but, why not use them to make home decor projects. This is a little MDF Heart that could be a door or wall hanger.

I used some pretty papers to cover the heart first, and then dry brushed over the top with a little white gesso just to knock some of the colour back and give a bit of a worn or vintage look


I then used the stencil over the top ....... adding extra flowers each side


Once the ink was dry I added some shimmery highlights to the tops of the flowers using a Stardust Gel Pen ...... these look so pretty when the light hits them.


I stamped a sentiment on there and to give it a more vintage look I added some heat embossing around the edge using an aged gold embossing powder.  I also attached some pretty lace around the edge to give a real feminine look


And I couldn't resist adding a cute little white tail onto the bunny ....... sorry Tracey!


OK ..... I'd better get a move on if I'm to catch Lucy's first show.
Grab a cuppa and I'll see you there.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the shows.

Have a great weekend.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some nice weather ....... we filled the hot tub yesterday seeing as the islands hose pipe ban was lifted.  Might as well enjoy what's left of our 14 days quarantine ...... we're on day 10 today!

Cheerio until next time .........



Products used:
Stencils: Shower of Love, Nocturne (Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Stamps: Friends A6 Stamp Set (Sweet Poppy)
Others: Crystalina Fine Glitter (Sweet Poppy); MDF Heart & Patterned Papers from my stash; Stardust Gel Pen; Aged Gold Embossing Powder (Frantage - Stampendous) Lace & ribbon from my stash

4 comments:

Kris said...

Beautiful stenciling, Linda! Such a lovely sentiment! Thanks for sharing, and happy birthday to hubby - have a nice weekend :)

Bonnie said...

You are making me want to shop, Linda! I do love these sweet rabbits! A fabulous birthday card for your hubby and a darling pillow decor!

Mrs.B said...

Love those sweet bunnies. Love the card and that's a lovely sentiment. The heart is fabulous and I love the little white tail - a brilliant addition.
Hope hubby had a good birthday.
Avril xx

Loll said...

What fun!! Adorable stencils with flowers and bunnies. Looks like you had so much fun making the card and wall hanging. LOVE all the details you add to your art ... makes all the difference! xx