Tuesday 25 August 2020

OK ..... where's the sunshine gone?

Happy Tuesday .......

I hope the weather's a bit nicer where you are ........ it's wet and windy here today and the forecast for the next few days is not brilliant.  I think our summer is over for now, which is a shame as we're off in the van tomorrow for the long weekend (I'd better pack the waterproofs!!)
As well as it being a Bank Holiday on Monday next week, Friday this week is also a Bank Holiday here on the Isle of Man.
It's all because TT was cancelled and we didn't have the Senior Race Day holiday.  The powers that be decided to add the day to the late summer BH weekend, in the hope that the island was in a better position with the pandemic,  so that everyone could enjoy the break.  There's all sorts going on across the island over the weekend, so fingers crossed the rain stops at least!

Tomorrow is also a special day ...... especially if you're a Sweet Poppy Stencils fan.
Lucy is back on our TV screens with more fabulous new stencil designs.  And, if you're like me, and haven't started your Christmas cards yet then that may all be about to change ..... there's new festive designs!

We have the new Pine Wreath ...... beautiful for quick and easy cards.


This is using the pearlescent white Sweet Poppy stencil medium through the design onto black card, and then sprinkling the pretty Crystalina Glitter over the top whilst the paste is wet ...... easy!

Love the detail in this design .....


A simple sentiment stamped and heat embossed in gold in the centre of the wreath


A few dots of gold glitter glue here and there for added sparkle, and I finished off with splatters of gold ink and white paint onto the background


If CAS is more your style, with lots of white space, then this is perfect for those designs too.
I like to use my stencils off the edge of cards to give a different look .....


No stencil paste this time, just Distress inks ....... with a touch of sparkle added onto the pine cones


A few a drops of Liquid Pearls here and there


 Finishing off with a sentiment in the centre


OK .... now for my favourite of the new designs ...... the gorgeous Christmas Snowflake Flourish Bauble
How gorgeous is this!!


This is simply using the stencil as is, with coloured inks.  It looks fabulous.  Just think of all the different colours you could use.
I added a touch of sparkle and a sprinkling of chunky white embossing powder but, the bauble is such a great size, you really only need to add a sentiment.

Can I just say that if you want this design then BE QUICK!!!
I believe the stock has already sold out on the Sweet Poppy website (blame Eileen Godwin! ......  she's been doing amazing things with this on Facebook).  
It is available again on Pre-order with shipping on 9th September so not too long to wait but, if you need it right now then it will be available on Hochanda tomorrow but I'm not sure for how long!

Here's another version ....... I've changed the position of the stencil slightly here to make it look like it's hanging


I've kept to shades of blue Distress Inks, building the colours up gradually and adding shading to give a dimensional look


A touch of sparkle here and there,  a festive sentiment, and some simple shading around the edge


A few inks splatters onto the background and a touch of Stardust Gel Pen .......



So, the bauble looks amazing used as is but, why not add a little something extra .......


We've all got stamps to create winter scenes, more snowflakes would look amazing, or perhaps a pretty tree, or simply add your favourite festive sentiment to the centre of the bauble.
If you follow the Simply Sweet Poppy Stencils Facebook page you'll have seen all the amazing designs on there using this new stencil ..... check it out!

I couldn't resist using my all time favourite snowman ...... and look, he was the perfect fit!


I stamped him first, and then added the stenciled bauble over the top.


More of those blue Distress inks, and lots of sparkle, and this time I added in a few stamped snowflakes onto the background, stamped using the same shades of blue inks



As I said, if you have to have this beautiful bauble then you're going to have to be quick.
Join Lucy tomorrow, that's Wednesday 26th August, at 1pm and again at 5pm (stocks permitting!) on  Hochanda ...... Sky channel 673  Freesat 817  Freeview 85

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'll be back tomorrow with a look at some more of the new Sweet Poppy designs

Cheerio until next time ........


3 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my gosh, Linda, these cards are gorgeous! Since I’m not on Facebook, I’m really thankful for what you share with us :) Hope the weather improves for your weekend!

Redanne said...

Oh what a lovely lot of cards Linda, they are gorgeous, I especially the blue bauble one!

We have only had one decent day in the last two weeks here so I feel your pain. I hope the weekend is a little better than expected and well done on the extra Bank Holiday. Enjoy your time away. Hugs, Anne xxx

Bonnie said...

Wow! More tempting stencils! You'll be ready for Christmas in short order, Linda! Enjoy your long weekend!