Friday 11 September 2020

A date for your diary ........

Good morning ...... Happy Friday!

I'm so looking forward to the weekend ....... nothing to do, nowhere to go so, if the weather's good we might just take the van out for a drive, find somewhere nice to park him up and just chill!  We had him washed yesterday so he's all ready to go!

I've been busy this week getting some samples done for the TV.   Lucy and Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on Hochanda next week ....... Tuesday 15th August at 3pm and again at 7pm with some brand new stencil designs (you're going to love them) along with some old favourites and some designs that have not been shown on TV before.
Those eagle-eyed may have already seen the new designs on the website I think they went live earlier in the week.

Here's a quick look at some of the ones that I put in the post yesterday .......
First up the gorgeous ....... Cat Love, how cute are these two!



I've used the stencil on two different card sizes ...... the first one is A5 and the second one is 5x7 inches. 
The stencil is a great size, all it needs is a sentiment.
For both cards I simply inked through the design using black ink .....


And then used Distress inks to colour the backgrounds .....


Adding water and a few ink splatters here and there ......


And finishing off with sentiments .......



Next we have the Owl ...... again a great stencil that can fill the whole card


He he is on a left over background from the last Sweet Poppy TV shows


After inking through the leaf background stencil I noticed that there was quite a bit of ink left on it.  Now you know I don't like to waste inks and paints so, I simply spritzed the stencil with water, laid a piece of white cardstock on top and this was the result ....... not bad! Perfect backdrop for the owl.


A touch of the brand new Distress colour ....... Crackling Campfire around the edges and a few highlights with a Stardust Gel pen ......


Here's another simple design, this time on a tall slim card or DL size ......


Now for one of the brand new designs,  meet Isla .... the Highland Cooo


She is beautiful!  She's been designed by the very talented, Sweet Poppy in house designer Emma Cronin and I just love her. 
Just think of all the possibilities ...... are you a fan of Jennifer Hogwood's McMoos or, maybe you love the McCoos by Steven Brown, well ..... now you can create your own.  Just wait till you see what the rest of the Design Team have done with her ....... we all fell in love I think. 


Well, that's just a few of my samples.  I'll be back tomorrow with a few more and a little bit of a festive feel ........ even Isla's in the Christmas spirit!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a great weekend.

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stencils: Cat Love, Owl. Isla, Black Daisy (flower on Isla), Fall Backplate (background on the owl) (all stencils by Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Distress Inks - various colours; Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Delicata - Golden Glizt & Silvery Shimmer
Stamps: Friends, Family, Life is a Journey A6 stamp sets (Sweet Poppy); some small sentiments from my stash
Other: Gold embossing powder (WOW!); Stardust Gel Pen;

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

You had me at' Isla' Linda.....Fabulous inspiration, thank you x.

Christine Alexander said...

ohh so many new stencils. I just put my order in after the last release :)

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous samples Linda and I love what you have done with Isla - she's such fun.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Awesome stenciled designs, Linda! Wow! The cats and owl are fantastic, and Isla is adorable! I love how she has her head tilted!

Loll said...

Lots of beautiful and fun stencils Linda. AS always, you show amazing works-of-art to inspire. xx