Wednesday 21 October 2020

Christmas Birds ........

Good morning .......

Welcome to the middle of the week.  Not quite sure what happened to Monday and Tuesday but, here we are, and I'm hoping to spend the day in my craft room ..... whoo hoo!!  Lets hope it's a productive one. 

I thought it was about time I made a real start on some Christmas cards,  as it's only about six weeks until the beginning of December ........ eeeek!!  It's a good excuse to play along with this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge too.

The theme for October is ...... Christmas Birds 


I do love a cheeky little robin or two, or three ..... and seeing as this gorgeous stamp flew into the craft room recently I couldn't resist playing along


I saw this stamp a few months ago on Bonnie's Blog (Stamping with Klass) and I fell in love with it.  I don't think they're actually robins but ......... depending on what colours you use on them they could be any type of bird.
I think they make cute little robins .......


Stamped and heat embossed in gold, and then coloured using Distress Inks and a waterbrush.

I stamped a snowflake onto the background and heat embossed in white and I created a mask to cover the birds.
I then applied Distress Ink over the background ....... around the birds and over the snowflake.


The white embossing acts as a resist to the blue ink, so once I was happy with the depth of colour I polished off any excess left on the snowflake and finished off with a sprinkling of Chunky White Embossing Powder to give the look of falling snow.  
With the Chunky White I simply sprinkle this where I want it to be (it's great for covering up small mistakes!) and then I heat set from UNDERNEATH so that it doesn't all blow away.

A festive sentiment stamped underneath finishes everything off nicely


I loved how this turned out so ..... I have three for the Christmas box!  Lets hope the festive mojo is in the mood for playing again today.


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Just to add to the festive spirit it's the Christmas Preview evening at my favourite garden centre tonight.  We might just pop in and have a little look at what they've got this year ..... there's always room on the tree for more pretty decorations!

Cheerio until next time ........



Products used:
Stamps: The bird stamp is from Impresssion Obsession (E19968); Most Wonderful (sentiment set - Clearly Besotted); Snowflake from my stash
Inks: Distress Inks - Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Gathered Twigs, Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries, Fossilised Amber; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versamark ink
Others: White Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); Chunky White Embossing Enamel (Stampendous)

9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Hey Linda...had to stop by and comment on your card as I just bought this stamp a few weeks ago and haven't had time to ink it up yet, but I'm absolutely loving your card, so thank you, thank you for the visual inspiration!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

Adorable robins taking a break, while they float in the snowy sky on a pretty evergreen branch:-) Love your soft sponging of color around the cute birdies and beautiful font on your sentiment. Congratulations on adding 3 beautiful Christmas cards to your stash. Have fun creating more Christmas cards. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Kris said...

I'm not usually an "critter" person for Christmas cards, but I LOVE these cards, Linda! Beautiful and simple - thanks for sharing :)

Bonnie said...

I hadn't thought to use these birds for Christmas cards, but I'm all for that idea, Linda! Thanks for the inspiration! I think they make delightful robins and your falling snow and bit of inking take this card to a higher level!

Colleen said...

This totally caught my eye, and now I think I must have it too (thanks for enabling!!) Those birds are awesome, and your gold is stunning! You are sure making headway with Christmas cards with just his challenge! Thanks for joining us again, always love seeing your cards!

Christine Alexander said...

these little guys are so cute, I loved Bonnie's card and I love your Christmas version :)

Barb Ghig said...

Your trio of robins are darling, Linda! I love all gold and your softly blended background is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas! Barb xx

Loll said...

Beautiful design for these beautiful birds Linda. I love them done in gold. So very festive. xx

Mrs.B said...

Those little birds are so cute and look lovely in gold, they make great robins. It's great when you can get lots of uses from one stamp.
Avril xx