Wednesday 14 October 2020

Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on the TV .........

Happy Wednesday ......

I just wanted to pop by and say, if you're a Sweet Poppy Stencils fan you'll be pleased to know that Lucy is back on Hochanda tomorrow ...... whoo hoo!!!

There are two shows ......... the first one is at 11am, and then again at 3pm.  
There'll be lots of gorgeous stencils, some festive designs, some not.  Lots of fab mediums etc., to use with your stencils, and a whole load of inspiration from Design Team samples and of course live demonstrations from the lovely Lucy herself.

I've been busy playing (oops!) working with some of the stencils, making samples for the shows. 
So, if you have some time to spare and fancy a quick look ..... here we go!  You might want to grab a cuppa, it's a bit of a long post!
 
One of my favourite Sweet Poppy stencils is making it's TV debut this time ....... the gorgeous Teardrop Background


I do love this design ..... it is a great background but, it's so pretty as the focal point too.  
For this card I used washi tape to mask off a strip across my piece of card, placed the stencil over the top and inked through using Autumnal shades of Distress Inks ..... love it!


Oooh .... did I mention that Sweet Poppy now have their own stencil brushes ....... the really popular make up style ones, and they are soooo nice to work with.  Watch out for them on the shows .... you need these!

I stamped a sentiment onto the white strip and added some dry embossed lines top and bottom to highlight the area


I finished off by adding a few gems here and there in matching colours 


Why not change the colours and give the same stencil a more festive look .......


Distress inks again, with a little bit of pen work this time ...... white highlights onto the 'berries'


and a touch of gold around some of the teardrop shapes.

A simple sentiment stamped over the top .....


and to give it a real Christmassy look, some chunky white embossing enamel .... I love this stuff on Christmas cards!


Another of the stencils coming up on the shows is the Absolutely Abstract Back Plate ........ 


I must admit, it took me a while to decide what to do with this one, I haven't done much abstract (I have been watching Eileen Godwin's YouTube videos though, so you might just see a bit more in the near future!)

I used a whole bunch of Distress Inks again through the stencil, blended to create a Galaxy Sky ......


With the stencil still in place, I added a few splatters of water, not much, I didn't want it to leak underneath the stencil.  
I mopped up the excess with a paper towel and you can see that the water reacts with the ink and removes some of the colour too, leaving this lovely speckled look behind. I never get tired of this technique!


I added a spritz of  Perfect Pearls over the top to add some shimmer, and a few splatters of white paint, then I carefully removed the stencil.

Once everything was dry, I stamped my sentiment across the shapes .......... 


And finished with a splattering of gold ink all over the design.

Same stencil, only this time I didn't use the whole design ......


A bit of masking whilst I was inking, to keep the edges of the colours crisp .......


and I drew around each of the shapes using a gold gel pen just to give a different look ...... you can see I've splattered with water again to, gives it a bit more interest I think.

I used the lines of the stencil design as a guide for my sentiments


Last, but not least I have a few more festive makes ....... the beautiful Cross stencil is back.


A cross is perfect for all sorts of occasions, but I gave it a festive feel and used it along with the Christmas Words stencil, which will also be on the show.

I used the words to create the background, and Versamark ink through the stencil and heat embossed the cross in gold.  I then fussy the cross and attached it over the words using foam pads to add a bit of dimension 


A few gold ink splatters and a sentiment .......


and some Christmas holly, cut using the Sweet Poppy Holly die and a little bit of glitter card


Here's the cross again, used a little differently this time .......


Again using Versamark ink and gold embossing powder, and a little bit of masking, I made a decorative frame around one of my large Christmas sentiments.


There's that holly again!

And finally, here are the Christmas Words again ..... used to make a very quick and easy card 


Festive colours of Distress Inks, a pretty ribbon bow and just a touch of Christmas sparkle!


Phew!  That was a long one!

Enjoy the shows tomorrow.


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

We're out this evening ...... it's a Wine Down Wednesday Wine Tasting and it's Rioja week!  We're doing the tasting and learning all about Rioja, and then we have a meal ..... 4 courses of delicious food all paired with the perfect wines ..... looking forward to that!  

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stencils: Teardrop, Absolutely Abstract, Christmas Words, Cross (all from Sweet Poppy Stencils)
Stamps: A7 stamps set - Have a Great Day;  A6 stamp sets Family, Cheers, Joy & Peace (all Sweet Poppy); large sentiment from my stash
Inks: Distress Inks - various colours; Versamark ink; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata Golden Glitz metallic ink
Others: Gold embossing Powder (WOW!); Crystalina Glitter (Sweet Poppy), Gold and white Gel Pens, white paint, gems

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! You sure know what to do with stencils, Linda! So many varied and delightful styles of fun!

Kris said...

These are all beautiful cards, Linda! Can't decide which is my favorite :) Thanks for sharing!